Track Icons

Matthew

I want to make custom track icons for my projects. For example I have a "clock tower" sound and want a clock tower icon, but have no icon for that in cakewalk. How would you go about doing this? I know you have to convert the image to 96 x 96 and convert to bitmap? am I right? But what secure safe software out there will achomplish this?

Suggestion?

Thanks,

Matthew

I would use a bit mapped editor. MS Paint will do the job.  You can take a  picture of an item you want to use as an icon. You can also take a screen shot with Windows' built in Snip & Sketch or the Snipping Tool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John said:

I would use a bit mapped editor. MS Paint will do the job.  You can take a  picture of an item you want to use as an icon. You can also take a screen shot with Windows' built in Snip & Sketch or the Snipping Tool. 

MS Paint can also scale size to 96 x 96. I do recommend saving as PNG.

• Like 2

If you're going to start learning a bitmap editor, I would suggest at least downloading and installing GIMP and going through the first couple of tutorials to see if you can get a handle on it. If you can't, so be it, something simpler like MSPaint or Paint 3D come with Windows and will get this job done.

GIMP can do so much that it's worth learning your way around it if you want to dabble in Cakewalk's Theme Editor once you get a taste for customization.

If it ain't for you, uninstall it, it costs nothing.

If all you want to do is scale an image down to 96x96 and save it as a PNG or BMP, IrfanView will do that handily and easily.

• Like 3