Harrison AVA Mastering EQ FREE

cclarry

15 hours ago, TheSteven said:

What a friggin stupid installer, almost just deleted it from my system (which happens if you run installer twice)

• Doesn't let you determine where is installs.
    Installs to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
    Root  of X64 VST plugin folder defined in your registry
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
  • Installs De-Esser, MultiBand Compressor and Legacy Q versions whether you want them or not.

The free license for the Mastering EQ - ie the ME versions: Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll, Harrison_AVA-ME_32bit.dll, etc.
No explanation of this in documentation, figured that out from sales pages.

You shouldn't have to hunt for the install locations or manually have to clean up crap you didn't want installed or have to hunt on a web site just to figure out what you got.

Thank you!  You just saved me a lot of time for something that is ‘free.’  I don’t need it. And some times I just have to give my Win installer a break. 

17 hours ago, TheSteven said:

You shouldn't have to hunt for the install locations or manually have to clean up crap you didn't want installed or have to hunt on a web site just to figure out what you got.

That is not the first installer I have found that makes me chase down everything. The current version of ioBit Uninstaller will allow you to monitor the installations of most software so that you can find where it writes changes. The free version does so if you manually start the installer from within ioBit. It is annoyingly nagging, but well worth the price.

• Thanks 2