Harrison AVA Mastering EQ FREE

cclarry

What a friggin stupid installer, almost just deleted it from my system (which happens if you run installer twice)

• Doesn't let you determine where is installs.
    Installs to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
    Root  of X64 VST plugin folder defined in your registry
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
  • Installs De-Esser, MultiBand Compressor and Legacy Q versions whether you want them or not.

The free license for the Mastering EQ - ie the ME versions: Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll, Harrison_AVA-ME_32bit.dll, etc.
No explanation of this in documentation, figured that out from sales pages.

You shouldn't have to hunt for the install locations or manually have to clean up crap you didn't want installed or have to hunt on a web site just to figure out what you got.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I have to admit it was a strange install . I let it do it's thing and I figured once I had my licensee also  placed in the  right folder  it would authorize  ..

Not the case I had to run a manual scan in Mixbus 32 C for it to show up and in Reaper I wound up having to go online and paste my authorization link ..

At first it seemed as if it didn't work but after all that Jazz it in fact did work .  Seems worth the  extra hoops I had to jump through YMMV

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz

14 hours ago, TheSteven said:

What a friggin stupid installer, almost just deleted it from my system (which happens if you run installer twice)

• Doesn't let you determine where is installs.
    Installs to
    C:\Program Files (x86)\VSTPlugIns
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
    Root  of X64 VST plugin folder defined in your registry
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3\Harrison\AVA
  • Installs De-Esser, MultiBand Compressor and Legacy Q versions whether you want them or not.

The free license for the Mastering EQ - ie the ME versions: Harrison_AVA-ME_64bit.dll, Harrison_AVA-ME_32bit.dll, etc.
No explanation of this in documentation, figured that out from sales pages.

You shouldn't have to hunt for the install locations or manually have to clean up crap you didn't want installed or have to hunt on a web site just to figure out what you got.

Thanks for the heads up. I really don't want this enough to put up with that sort BS. (Waves Central anyone?)

I've already got loads of other EQs that I don't know how to use properly, so I won't be missing this one.