CAKEWALK & GARRITAN PO4

Gary

Question

Was there a version of Cakewalk (not Sonar) that would support PO4 or similar plugins.have CWPR6.01 which I used with various sound cards, modules ect, but would like to replace them with PO4. I have tried but cannot get on with Sonar UI, Band lab is 64 bit so that's out , So was there a CWPR that would support ARIA

Edited by Gary
trying to explain my predicament

3 answers to this question

I don't really understand the question. Every version has been graphical since Cakewalk 3.0 Pro for Windows 3.1, and the GUI has looked essentially that same since SONAR X1 in 2010.  VST2 was introduced during a time that I wasn't doing much with music, so I'm not sure exactly when Cakewalk first supported it, but I would guess SONAR 1 or 2. And anything with VST2 support should be able to run the Garritan ARIA Player.

Edited by David Baay

I think you are asking if there is a version of the old-style Cakewalk Professional for Windows 3.0 / Cakewalk Express that supported (1) audio and (2) GPO4.  Just trying to clarify here; I only had trial versions of Cakewalk Pro Audio that I might have run once or twice before getting Sonar 3. I am not sure if the Pro Audio series (1) had the linear/number entry spreadsheet-like interface or (2) would support GPO4. Maybe someone else knows?

By the way, Sonar 3 -> Cakewalk by BandLab all have a midi event list which to me is more like the old style UI.  Maybe that's what you are looking for?  See below.  If so, you can set up your Cakewalk to use primarily the Event List.   

image.png.ca155f5295e3334046d24713d7f5b42d.png

SONAR 3 already had the GUI I think you don't like:image.png.99b4ce82ee9b39a4c7a344ac1c47a4b7.png

I have some customized "easy-for-my-old-eyes-to-see" images for collapsed modules on the control bar, but if the Event List is what you want along with just the transport, you can do that in Cakewalk by BandLab.  I haven't done it here, but you can even get rid of the modules on the Control Bar--not recommending that; just saying that as a user I have found SONAR X1 -> Cakewalk by BandLab very flexible; you can do a lot to customize "What You See And What You Don't See" (among other customizations).

image.png.611406aefa9582495314d9cdddb10420.png 

Edited by MusicMan11712 (aka Dr. Steve)
to add a near-minimalist of the Event View + Control Bar