where can I find a clip end time?

micv

You can find more info here.

This is from Noel post in the Feature overview thread.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:39 PM, Noel Borthwick said:

The following rules apply when duplicating clips:

• Only events and clip automation are copied.
  • The new clip(s) will be pasted immediately after the existing clip(s), respecting the current Ripple Edit settings.
  • To respect the current Snap to Grid settings, go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Editing and select Use Current Snap Settings on Duplicate Selected Clip(s).
  • After duplication, the Now time is forwarded to the end of the duplicate (with the duplicate selected), so you can press CTRL+D again to make multiple duplicates
  • Unlike a normal paste, the current track will have no bearing on where the duplicates are pasted. Duplicates will always appear on the same tracks/lanes as the source selection.

thanks for responding, but my question is trying to see if there is a readout somewhere that has a clip end's time.  Doesn't seem so. 

As for CTRL+D, it's useful for loop or clip that starts and ends at a 'note' interval, else the it would be off.  I just use CTRL+click drag to where I want.

15 hours ago, micv said:

As for CTRL+D, it's useful for loop or clip that starts and ends at a 'note' interval, else the it would be off

Not true at all. Read my first post...

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:54 AM, Chuck E Baby said:

To respect the current Snap to Grid settings, go to Edit > Preferences > Customization - Editing and select Use Current Snap Settings on Duplicate Selected Clip(s).

Also, Unless the clips ends are off screen, you can always use Aim Asst to see where the clips ending is. other wise...

15 hours ago, Promidi said:

look at the "Select Thru" time in the Select module in the control bar

This the next best thing.

Shift g takes me to the start of selected clip. Ctrl shift g takes me to the selected clip end.

I think i set this up in preferences.

Then just look at now time.

I often use this to check clip fades and to add markers around a clip.

Edited by Gswitz