80% off ALL Nembrini Products!

cclarry

I ain t even bother reading the thread lol , some plugin wet dry is unusable due to internal modulation , softube tape is an exemple unluess you go full stable speed . This to say that most of the time i try to not use wet dry knobs to judge a plugin sound , it should work great like that , and if wet dry is amust and don twork , i skip the plugin but if wet dry is an option only even if not working great , but the plugin without still gives me good results i m in ...

Pretty sure most of comments where done based on drums nope ? 

EDIT : testing as i type , i think the problem is how they mus approchaing wet dry ...basically people like to start at Dry and then go wet , in this case i hear what they hear ... but in my yesturday preset , i'm at 9 oclock  don 't exeed 12 and i'm good ... 

what buggs me is that it doesn ' t recall size settings...

Edited by Zo

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Pretty sure most of comments where done based on drums nope ? 

One guy was complaining about using it on synthesizers and the other guys that were having problem with it didn't really specify the source material. But most were complaining about how the level and output knobs do the exact same thing or something. Idk, is the psa1000 still worth getting? 

ok guyz stay calm 

check this one to calm down

Christian , for GTR use i don't need any of those , those are color boxes for my lofi work , the lofi clipper is exellent and enougth , the psa 1000 is more complexe is fun , but i could live without , it's great to replace several pedal prior to an amp , so if you went for amps like PA or Nembrini , this could be usefull /.//... if you need this for synth drums ect ...RC 20 or even Arturia MiniFilter will do the job !!

image.thumb.png.5bedf62857dee2ac7c9ed833009c1e87.png

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

Just now, Fleer said:

Sorry, Zo. 
Was thinking both actually. 

Amp : don t buy them just for that , amplitube and th3 are perfect playgrounds already , 

pedals : i would say yes , give those a try , really .

• Thanks 1

The Nembrini MRH810 is good for metal, but I'd say old school metal, not the super saturated modern high gain stuff. This amp is good for that Alice In Chains type of grunge metal sound. I play a style I call "Doombilly" which is basically a melodic stoner doom metal w/ some swing and twang. Sometimes the "twang" is more in the attitude but often I've got a legit twang metal guitar tone going. I play a Warmoth baritone strat w/ 14-62 strings tuned to A# standard. This is a sample of a grimy sludge doom riff I wrote earlier tonight. 

Here my signal is split and I'm running two instances of the MRH810 and playing through them simultaneously: 
The first MRH810 has the gain around 4 o'clock and the bx_yellowdrive in front of it giving it a tiny boost but no additional distortion. 
Second MRH810 is on the clean channel w/ the Kazrog Ram Fuzz big muff in front of it. Both amps are using the stock IRs. I haven't had a chance to try my OwnHammer IRs on this amp yet. This is a real grimy @ss doom metal sound, I'm still dialing it in and this isn't mixed this is just how I'm hearing it when playing. This is all ITB, but tonight I also ran a hardware big muff pedal into the MRH810 and it took it really well. Tomorrow I'll try the swollen pickle into it, but it's cool this Nembrini amp takes hardware pedals as well as software pedals really well. 

Edited by Christian Jones
wait..
  • Like 3

On 10/11/2019 at 9:42 AM, Soundwise said:

I can share my presets for Melda Mcabinet, based on some Celestion IRs. I think it's legal to do so.

Or you can pick what you like here

https://www.celestionplus.com/

@Soundwise I picked up the BST100 from Nembrini and now I am interested in  trying out Cabinet IRs using some of the Celestion IRs.    I thought I might go with a 5 pick with Celestion Gold and Lead 80 in 2x12 open and Vintage 30, Greenback and A-Type in 4X12 closed for a range of tones. I note MCabinet is on sale at Audio Plugin Deals for a little bit longer.   Would you recommend jumping in at this price or would using something like the free STL Ignite IR loader be a better way to start?

Tim

17 hours ago, Soundwise said:

A picture is worth a thousand words. :) Can we listen to the records that are claimed to sound amazing? Pretty please!

Absolutely, when the track's finished! In the meantime, S Gear was the only amp sim that I used on my album Golden Years, link below 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, teclark7 said:

@Soundwise I picked up the BST100 from Nembrini and now I am interested in  trying out Cabinet IRs using some of the Celestion IRs.    I thought I might go with a 5 pick with Celestion Gold and Lead 80 in 2x12 open and Vintage 30, Greenback and A-Type in 4X12 closed for a range of tones. I note MCabinet is on sale at Audio Plugin Deals for a little bit longer.   Would you recommend jumping in at this price or would using something like the free STL Ignite IR loader be a better way to start?

Tim

Solid choice of cabs. I have quite a few and still plan to get more. :D

Ignite IR loader is good enough to start experimenting with IRs, but MCabinet ups the game significantly with its unique synthesized resonances. Throw in the ability to analyze a bunch of IRs and sum up their characteristics  in one profile and you get a very powerful tool to recab all your virtual or real amps. I definitely recommend to demo it. If you like it, the APD deal is the way to go.

32 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

It's one of the best amp models  in TH-U.  But I never liked their cabinets, particularly the Respire function. Using LP and HP filters instead yields better results, IMO.

You're right , i don't like usually how the tone controls react in THU TH3 usually , a simple Filter built in ala Brainworx would have been handy ....

I do fin their cabinet decent versus other stuff ... Nembrini got everything right ... but one thing i noticed is that the lack of dynamic of the nembreni versus Amplitube and THU BUT i then wtach video of real things and it sounds as crappy lol ...my conclusion is simple : while i'm looking for Sound in its essecnce , some people around are looking for realism and being close to the real thing , that's why we differ ....

All good .... both approch make sens .

36 minutes ago, Zo said:

You're right , i don't like usually how the tone controls react in THU TH3 usually , a simple Filter built in ala Brainworx would have been handy ....

I do fin their cabinet decent versus other stuff ... Nembrini got everything right ... but one thing i noticed is that the lack of dynamic of the nembreni versus Amplitube and THU BUT i then wtach video of real things and it sounds as crappy lol ...my conclusion is simple : while i'm looking for Sound in its essecnce , some people around are looking for realism and being close to the real thing , that's why we differ ....

All good .... both approch make sens .

I still don't get why you say it lacks dynamics? Perhaps your source doesn't have as many? This amp reacts a lot depending on the source volume
(this amp NEEDS a volume input), I have run several previously recorded guitar riffs (ideas) and it sounds/reacts amazing, depending also the volume the source has, how the amp will saturate the distortion for crunch (it can be louder than enough and it will mess the amp's sound when using too much gain and viceversa).
If you're running a guitar previously recorded, perhaps it was using other amp simulators so the guitar player who recorded it had to stick to the dynamics of said amp sim, not this one?
Try playing a riff at normal volume then lower it 6 db or something, see how it goes?
If I play a guitar riff myself normal volume then same but piano (softly) I have to change the way I am playing said riff and since I am playing piano (again, softly) I can have better accents because now I can accent with forte or fortissimo strokes, whereas normal volume it's more (kinda) all notes in your face.

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I still don't get why you say it lacks dynamics? Perhaps your source doesn't have as many? This amp reacts a lot depending on the source volume
(this amp NEEDS a volume input), I have run several previously recorded guitar riffs (ideas) and it sounds/reacts amazing, depending also the volume the source has, how the amp will saturate the distortion for crunch (it can be louder than enough and it will mess the amp's sound when using too much gain and viceversa).
If you're running a guitar previously recorded, perhaps it was using other amp simulators so the guitar player who recorded it had to stick to the dynamics of said amp sim, not this one?
Try playing a riff at normal volume then lower it 6 db or something, see how it goes?
If I play a guitar riff myself normal volume then same but piano (softly) I have to change the way I am playing said riff and since I am playing piano (again, softly) I can have better accents because now I can accent with forte or fortissimo strokes, whereas normal volume it's more (kinda) all notes in your face.

Carlos , i'm saying same source , plenty of dynamic , hi gain results ina washy tone , great and exactly like the real amp (i watched your video ) , the amplitube for exemple doesn't sound that close to the REAL deal , but alos have a better dynamic and is more articulated , but again this is good in some cases and bad in other .... i'm pretty  confortable withhgain staging , i know my thing , it appears that the mrshal as well as the soldano on real vidoes have a way to squash the dynamic that people are actually searching ...i'm not saying it's bad , i'm saying this is why we didn't judge the amps the same way .... and this  is why for exemple o, the depech mod exemple , it's crunchy and have a lot of dynamic ... and it was hard to get with one or another cause each time i have one attribute i lose the other ..lol 

29 minutes ago, Zo said:

Carlos , i'm saying same source , plenty of dynamic , hi gain results ina washy tone , great and exactly like the real amp (i watched your video ) , the amplitube for exemple doesn't sound that close to the REAL deal , but alos have a better dynamic and is more articulated , but again this is good in some cases and bad in other .... i'm pretty  confortable withhgain staging , i know my thing , it appears that the mrshal as well as the soldano on real vidoes have a way to squash the dynamic that people are actually searching ...i'm not saying it's bad , i'm saying this is why we didn't judge the amps the same way .... and this  is why for exemple o, the depech mod exemple , it's crunchy and have a lot of dynamic ... and it was hard to get with one or another cause each time i have one attribute i lose the other ..lol 

Um I just did a test: I lowered and upped the volume of several riffs playing through the Marshall (Nembrini) in a range of 20 db (-20 db to 0, 0 being original recorded volume). And I didn't just lowered or upped the volume just for the riff entirety, I mean like each note played I played around with its volume
(I can do that in Reaper so easily). I did this also because all my riffs were never recorded through this amp, so if I were to record again said riffs, it'd be using this amp so I can adjust my playing to how it reacts.

It reacts the same way as the REAL deal I think. The lower volume, the less gain saturation you'll get, lower volume (dynamic), and viceversa.
Expecting different is weird to me :P

Also in the Depeche Mode we are listening to a fully mastered song, so I'd guess it's all processed, we really don't know how the original guitar sounds when recorded through an amp (if any). Unless you were the one mixing it :P

Edited by Carlos