80% off ALL Nembrini Products!

cclarry

Carlos check this out ...respect the settings exept the input (digital) just crunch what's needed ...and try the mebrini ;) start from there /...  

Notice tha with Masrhall you have to crank the gain to get tha meat so cranck it with output master and play with input and output on the botton ;)

It's not aimed to be the same sound ..just to let you feel how hard to say one is better than another ...in this track i have here ... the mebrini is tio thin and precise ...i need density and dirt ;)

image.png.e07b051561675f95905710d4c6f903a0.png

image.png.36091c47845fce090b8dc79451525125.png

image.png.f434ce33c810287da7309fa9d0ea62f4.png

image.png.ce30128cec9eda8e2e810516d819161f.png

image.thumb.png.dbb6dada4cf18a4ff96f8bac31d95a9f.png

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

@Carlos just tried the mebrini marshall high versus soldano : marshall killed it in high gain .... soldano is fogy and less articulated .... remind me the megasignle , witch would be bewteen both imho ...my conclusion would be : get both lol soldano for crunch and clean , marshall for high stuff ... (even crunch is good on it) 

EDIT : i figured out that i was using 2 ribbon so switching to a 421 and ribbon gave me more precision and more of tha crunch aka that granularity i love about tweeds ... (using the 1960 cab) 

Both amps rocks ... hard to pick one if had too ... as a clean or crunch like i said i would go certainly soldano

Edited by Zo
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, Zo said:

@Carlos articulated

Keyword here. Yes.
But I love the Marshall for clean too (Clean channel with some gain in it, for me sounds full and stellar). And for crunch too :P
I really was dissapointed with the Soldano, even tried external IR's. Nothing I did made it sound great to my ears.
And I never thought I would love to death the Marshall, until I saw the 80% sale, made me download the demo... INSTANT BUY.

Edited by Carlos

Man i'm trying his other stuff : piece of art , nothing tgo say , already thinking of introducing this to my course , psa 1000 is unreal as well as the boss and the clipper on beats ...synths ,basses .... this man has a sens of aestehtics , it's no subtile and i love it ..... Lo Fi production heaven , between this guyz and Goodhertz ...miam miam !!

And the analog link is just a beauty , think PA TMT but less subtile !!

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Man i'm trying his other stuff : piece of art , nothing tgo say , already thinking of introducing this to my course , psa 1000 is unreal

Damn that reminds me, his 80% off sale ends on Sunday... I was gonna let that skate by as I forgot since I've buying other s#!t too like the ehx micro pog I just got. I'll probably get Nembrini's PSA-1 emu. Have you tried a hardware PSA-1 before? I own one, and I wonder how close the software version is to it

Edited by Christian Jones
Huh?
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Carlos check this out ...respect the settings exept the input (digital) just crunch what's needed ...and try the mebrini ;) start from there /...  

Notice tha with Masrhall you have to crank the gain to get tha meat so cranck it with output master and play with input and output on the botton ;)

It's not aimed to be the same sound ..just to let you feel how hard to say one is better than another ...in this track i have here ... the mebrini is tio thin and precise ...i need density and dirt ;)

image.png.e07b051561675f95905710d4c6f903a0.png

image.png.36091c47845fce090b8dc79451525125.png

image.png.f434ce33c810287da7309fa9d0ea62f4.png

image.png.ce30128cec9eda8e2e810516d819161f.png

image.thumb.png.dbb6dada4cf18a4ff96f8bac31d95a9f.png

I almost missed this post.
Your IK preset works great, I put the Greenscreamer (Plugin Alliance) before it, messed with the input and output as you said, and it became tighter with a very good sound, indeed.
Then I tested your Nembrini preset, with the Greenscreamer before it too, and set the Treble to 8 (you had it at 5) , upped the volume to exactly 4, and sounds amazing too.

But then I set the Nembrini to Lead Channel, MASTER to 4, Bass to 4.5, Mid 7, Treb 7, Volum 9, Gain 4, Presence 5  and OMG!!! This is using my headphones (DT 990), can't use monitors right now (late night).

You can make the IK's sound pretty good but Nembrini resonates like a real one, takes better pedals too. (Again, your IK preset is pretty good, I'd give IK's sound a 7, Nembrini 9.9 :P)

I really suggest you use the free Chorus from Mercuriall, as it gives you the notion of what guitars would sound like if you double tracked (left, right). Their TSC (green screamer) and MEtal Area FREE pedals so good too. I just tested these before the Nembrini, ufffff,

Edited by Carlos

There is only 1 way to double track guitars (left and right) and that is to 'double track' the guitars, 2 seperate recordings, it will sound so much thicker, bigger and alive, and well just plain better. All the slight differences in timing pick attack, pressure etc etc just makes it come alive when each is panned away. Trying to do it any other way with 1 recording doesn't even come close, sounds dead (in comparison). This of course is just my opinion, and for my style, driven hard heavy rock, but I would never do it any other way than actually double tracking the guitars. ymmv of course

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ensonced said:

There is only 1 way to double track guitars (left and right) and that is to 'double track' the guitars, 2 seperate recordings, it will sound so much thicker, bigger and alive, and well just plain better. All the slight differences in timing pick attack, pressure etc etc just makes it come alive when each is panned away. Trying to do it any other way with 1 recording doesn't even come close, sounds dead (in comparison). This of course is just my opinion, and for my style, driven hard heavy rock, but I would never do it any other way than actually double tracking the guitars. ymmv of course

I agree to an extent, but have you used my suggestion? I was astonished to hear it first in an Ola Englund reviewing the Reaxis (Mercuriall) and then Mercuriall released the Chorus alone for free! Again, it works great to give the NOTION of L and R (double track), but of course if I were to make a recording, I would definitely record twice the guitar line/riff.

Yeah, I have done before, as far as I am concerned there is just no comparison for what I am looking for anyway, but depending on style and the outcome you are looking for it may be fine, but for big, alive sounding driven guitars for me there is no substitute. But again, only my opinion, ymmv, and that's fine, some like chocolate some like vanilla and others strawberry.

Edited by ensonced
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Carlos, when you can, download and demo the Brainworx Diezel VH4 and tell me what you think. Igor made that amp too. 

Just did... Ayyyy mamaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! Sounds so good, just opened it, opened by default in CH4 (I immediately set it to LOW INPUT), lowered the volume a little bit just in case, LOWERED the Gain too a tad bit, had a chuggy rythm guitar run through it (I had the free Mercuriall TSC pedal before it on) pfffffffffff
Sounds VERY GOOD, and it in the plate it says Modeled by Nembrini Audio.

Instant buy mate, instant buy (KVR... perusing right now for a bargain... lol).

PS Clean sounds very good (different that the Nembrinis Marshall, but maybe just as good, I guess depends on the song/mood).

I really need to get rid of my Ampl Max 4 license :P (can't afford more sht, hahaah). Or wait maybe for Amplitube 5 and see if they get any better (they need to get much much better) although I read Kazrog on 2020 is gonna come and conquer the world? We'll see

13 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Only 1 guy sells it at KVR.. for 50... I'll wait for a bargain or that PA puts it on sale :P (but it definitely is priority #1) 

Yeah, I've been buying a lot of s#!t lately. I was supposed to be saving for a Novation SL MkIII @ $700, but that'll have to wait a couple more months as I can't stop dipping into the savings and buying s#!t. I'm not not buying junk or superfluous stuff, just my priorities got changed around and I needed a second octave pedal. Yes, a second one lol. 

Edited by Christian Jones
cheeseburger

6 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah, I've been buying a lot of s#!t lately. I was supposed to be saving for a Novation SL MkIII @ $700, but that'll have to wait a couple more months as I can't stop dipping into the savings and buying s#!t. I'm not not buying junk or superfluous stuff, just my priorities got changed around and I needed a second ovtave pedal. Yes, a second one lol. 

I got the ENGL E646 (PA) as well, oh man, it sounds great too. Can't believe this PA guitar amps sound so good.

BTW, I loved this performance, so musical:

Edited by Carlos

Yep guyz the diezel is one of the best amp sim around , carlos the dt 990 have like a 10 db boost on the high , now i understand why your so sensitive to highs ... be sure to use sonarworks with this beyer witch i own and use since more than a decade !!  Exellent headphone .

My preset wasn t to make it sound like exactly the nembrini , just to show you in a track one can shine or the other ... also i got the high right just with simple smooth cutoff ... like on nembrini stuff ....

@Christian Jones i never tried the real pedal , i m no guitar player by the way , ain t that funny ? But i do love what i hear ...

@ensonced you re totaly right about that , on my course about vocal editing , i show students how to create it via melodyne , what is great with melodyne , you can shift randomly micro pitch , timing ect ...so this is super convincing since it s not always the same shift per notes !!! But at the end i tell them if you can , double it for real , nothing like that ...

• Like 1

This afternoon I have been recording material for my next album, and have been recording some rhythm guitar using the bridge pickup on my Gibson SG through the Nembrini Marshall which I purchased a couple of days ago at a knock down price. I used the default setting on the amp, just tweaked a little - not touched mic positions, cabs, IRs. I made it a stereo track and widened it a little using the brainworx bx stereomaker. 

I have recorded a guide vocal, bass guitar, and a basic drum track just to keep the beat. It'll take weeks for me to finish the track probably, but I just want to say, the rhythm guitar sounds amazing. I have used S Gear for years, and it'll still have many uses (the Nembrini is only one amp after all), but I could not have made this track before - the guitar sounds that good to my ears. 

Nembrini.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

Hey Zo (or anyone else), I've been reading what people are saying about the Nembrini PSA1000/PSA1000jr on this thread here https://www.gearslutz.com/board/product-alerts-older-than-2-months/1260271-nembrini-audio-new-psa1000-analog-saturation-bundle.html - and many are saying how the wet/dry knob is unusable. A Nembrini developer chimed in and basically disagrees w/ them and he explains why, but then they in turn disagree with his explanation and continue to insist that the wet/dry knob is for the most part unusable due to the phase cancellation that's involved when using it etc. They want him to update it, but he doesn't seem on board.

It sounds like you've been using the PSA1000, or at least I could have sworn I read here somewhere that you were so I'm wondering what your thoughts are on it regarding the use the of the wet/dry knob and the phase cancelation it supposedly brings. And as the developer suggested in that thread, you could always do a true parallel using an aux track, and that's probably the best option anyway, but still the wet/dry knob is essentially supposed to be for on board parallel processing yet many users on that thread are saying this knob is currently unusable as is. What do you think?