80% off ALL Nembrini Products!

cclarry

Wanted to share this.

Just reamped a little set of guitar recs through my Laney IRT-Studio and compared results with the BST100 processed tracks. In a blind test I wouldn't be able to tell the tube head from the plugin. It's good. With Celestion IRs, of course! xD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Soundwise said:

It's not a DI riff.  It's processed with the preset. I can make a DI for you. Won't take long, :D

ahahahah i swear i tested on it from scratch ...lol i was tchating also with a friend on Fb ...lol 

1 minute ago, Soundwise said:

With Celestion IRs, of course! xD

ok that's the small detail you get on annoucement on the wayyyy under ...written super small .... what are you using , all my friend tell me about tnot using built in cab but ir loader and this celeston name comes a lot !

3 minutes ago, Zo said:

ok that's the small detail you get on annoucement on the wayyyy under ...written super small .... what are you using , all my friend tell me about tnot using built in cab but ir loader and this celeston name comes a lot !

I can share my presets for Melda Mcabinet, based on some Celestion IRs. I think it's legal to do so.

Or you can pick what you like here

https://www.celestionplus.com/

Edited by Soundwise

I can share my presets for Melda Mcabinet, based on some Celestion IRs. I think it's legal to do so.

You can just tell me what ir loader and where to get good ir ....

• Great Idea 1

There are many good IRs, and there are Celestions. 'Nuff said!

you rock , i'm also liking the torpedo ..a friend has an amp sim from them (HW) and it's a serious piece .... (and he hates plugin sim lol )

I hate you all lol .... so i was cooling , then i clicked on this thread ..tested mebrini , then teste neural dsp , then  cabinet talk , went STLtones , downloaded cabintes then i'm trying every of their amps ....😩

EDIT : my conclusion is simple , the more i try other stuff the more i think Amplitube is fantastic  .... yep other stuff are great but nothing i can't achieve with amplitube , its strengthy might be it's cons : choices / versatibility

Edited by Zo

3 hours ago, Zo said:

I hate you all lol .... so i was cooling , then i clicked on this thread ..tested mebrini , then teste neural dsp , then  cabinet talk , went STLtones , downloaded cabintes then i'm trying every of their amps ....😩

EDIT : my conclusion is simple , the more i try other stuff the more i think Amplitube is fantastic  .... yep other stuff are great but nothing i can't achieve with amplitube , its strengthy might be it's cons : choices / versatibility

No way you can achieve the same tone and top notch quality with Amplitube vs Nembrini (Marshall). It's just not possible. 
Amplitube is a toy compared to Nembrini's Marshall one. 
Amplitube crackles or mini clips high transients (pick attacks or played hard chords) even if I lower the input volume... (when using distortion, which is more thank half their amps)
Not saying it's bad, it's not. I feel there is not a bad amp emulation (among the famous ones), just not as top notch quality as Nembrini's Marshall :P

At first glance many of these amp sims may appear to be on the same level with one another quality-wise. But the real test that sets them apart is when you start cranking the gain close to and up to max or even just to 2 or 3 o'clock and listening to the upper frequency break up - you'll often hear what should be a smooth break up be laced w/ digital artifacts, and the more you crank the gain, even before it starts to break up there's often fizziness. You can really observe this when monitoring through headphones where the listening environment is especially critical. This is where Nembrini's Marshall smokes the likes of Amplitube and BIAS FX for me. Nembrini's Marshall actually opens up on *default* w/ the gain maxed out.. it's as if Igor wanted to impress upon you immediately that his amp doesn't suffer from these artifacts, and it doesn't. I'm not a fan of amp suites anymore; I don't like something with a bunch of mediocre stuff and maybe a couple decent things amongst it, but that's just me. And you know what I always say.. if my tone has to be reduced to code then it absolutely must be the best gat dang code there is, and afaic right now that's Igor Nembrini and Brainworx, which is *also* Nembrini, and Neural DSP. 

• Like 2

And, some time in 2020, we can in all likelihood add Kazrog back to the short list of the best. Shane told me on YouTube that, though it was initially slated for 2019, his new set of next gen Kazrog amps will be available some time in 2020. He said the competition amongst the higher end amp sims is so good right now that he needs to make sure that what he turns out is *really* special, and he *promised* I wouldn't be disappointed. But until then.. 

Edited by Christian Jones
What?
  • Like 1

Guyz what you describes is exactly the probem

Any small move , from a 0,2 eq move to a 5 mm mic move , is amplified like craaazy with amp I don t even talk about overdrive and disto box added to the chain , add to this cabinets , mic sampling ect...

So unless you get the exact same sound , you can not judge to signal , period , the only thing you gonna hear is difference in tone .... or like you stated differences in higher freq register due to the design , i know mebrini and pa filters a lot high freq , a lot of amp sim does that , this results on what i said to a friend like a feeling of lo fi in the mix versus a real amp ...

So my point is , if you guyz fire a marshall and another marshall and just say this one is superior because you prefer the sound , it s just irrelevant , i m amazed how different a SAME amp can sound presets from presets just with small moves ...due to what i explained before ...

So how did i made my statement : i opened each amp and did the sound i ve found the best for the song ... one is orange , one is soldano , one is fender , one is randall ect ...did a blind test and the orange came several time at first ... and when in another exemple i needed more depth to compete with for exemple with the membrini and neutal dsp (thks mainly to  their cabinet impulses witch is imho where they shine ) i succed to have even more depth with the cabinet section in amplitube ...

So at the end , i m not saying this is better than that , i m saying ´ this one is no better than that ....

The fact that one amp sim leads you to a sound you label "good" faster than another , is what counts  and it has nothing to due with faithfull emulation but more with design (interfacing and algo design ) some gain structure are linear , other are not , some eq's are linear some are proporionaly  Q'ed , some deafult setting are already eq differently to let you play with eq and feel smoother that competition ect ...

Edited by Zo
  • Like 2