SampeLogic Cinematic Guitars Motion

cclarry

$299 intro price

Cinematic Guitars Motion

A WORLD OF MOTION

Today we share with you some very exciting news! We have just launched our most ambitious virtual instrument to date: CINEMATIC GUITARS MOTION

Made entirely from guitars recorded by guitar impresario Steve Ouimette, CINEMATIC GUITARS MOTION includes 864 sampled instruments and presets, with 33 GB of inspiring audio (over 33,000 samples).

Get the all new CINEMATIC GUITARS MOTION now at an introductory price of $299.99 (regularly $499.99) for a limited time only!

SAVE $200 DURING INTRO PERIOD! ENDS SOON...

BUY NOW

• 4 weeks later...

I bought this in mid October and have had a lot of problems.  I've been back and forth with SampleLogic and still no resolution.

I was just wondering if others are having success.

Symptom: loading a preset hangs Kontakt (6). CPU usage goes to 100.

CG Motion works in standalone Kontakt6.

CG Motion  is loading big things so I wondered if there is something I can 'turn up' for running VSTs in Sonar?

I have over 400 libraries and everything else works.  This one has me stumped.

and yes, I have checked and the presets are in Kontakt5 and Kontakt data folders.  This is the first suggestion made by SampleLogic support.

David

Edited by David Thiel
lack of proof reading

9 minutes ago, David Thiel said:

I bought this in mid October and have had a lot of problems.  I've been back and forth with SampleLogic and still no resolution.

I was just wondering if others are having success.

Symptom: loading a preset hangs Kontakt (6). CPU usage goes to 100.

CG Motion works in standalone Kontakt6.

CG Motion  is loading big things so I wondered if there is something I can 'turn up' for running VSTs in Sonar?

I have over 400 libraries and everything else works.  This one has me stumped.

and yes, I have checked and the presets are in Kontakt5 and Kontakt data folders.  This is the first suggestion made by SampleLogic support.

David

If you use Kontakt 6, you need presets in Kontakt 6 as well, not in 5.

Yes, I checked and the presets are in both.  There is something about how Sonar is hosting VSTs that is the issue.  While I've been a Calkewalk user since MSDOS I purchased Cubase just in case.  I'm going to try it with Cubase later this afternoon.  Sonar is still my goto DAW as I've been using it for my main workstation since I started my consultancy in 2006.

thanks for the suggestion, I wished that it addressed it.

I got Cubase running.  Cuebase has no problem loading Cinematic Guitars Motion presets.  It does pin the Kontakt CPU indicator at 100% for a fraction of a second.  I've auditioned a dozen presets and it is working.

Still, I want to use CGM hosted by Sonar.  I'll ping BandLabs' support to see if they are aware.

• 2 weeks later...

Upgraded to Kontakt 6.2.0.  Hosted by Sonar CGM will not load.  CGM did load with Kontakt in standalone but after today upgrade it doesn't load CGM.

I exhausted my dialog with Sample Logic support.  They pointed me to Native Instruments.  I have been going back and forth sending Native Instruments a voluminous scanning of my system (I've got 384 Kontakt Libraries).  So far no result.

Has anybody gotten Cinematic Guitars Motion to load presets in Kontakt either standalone or hosted by Sonar.  Just curious.

I'm being tenacious as I've been intrigued by what I have heard when I got it to work (standalone) and I spent my money on it.  I doubt that I can get a refund.

So a word to the wise, CGM has issues.

Context for this is a win10, 32Gb, M.2 1Tb system disk, PC with 8 core Ryzen CPU.  Steinberg UR44 USB interface.  Basically plenty of resources...

David

Edited by David Thiel
make clearer