SOLVED Cakewalk or Ozone 9 Problem?

Jack Stoner

My DAW desktop has Win 10 Pro 1903 (with all current updates).  The laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15, 5577 has Win 10 Home 1903 (with all current updates).

The DAW desktop is an ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Z170 motherboard with an i7 6700K (no overclocking) and 16GB of Corsair RAM.  A Samsung EVO SSD.   

Resplendence Latency Mon shows no problems.  I can run recording interfaces, reliably, at 64 samples.

I use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes (paid version).  

There is no "garbage" in startup, only what is needed.  Very "vanilla" system.

• Like 1

Update, I replaced the 16GB Corsair memory with 16GB GSkill memory.  Didn't make a difference so memory can be eliminated.  

I know a clean OS install will fix it (since my other PC works OK)  but I'd lose too much (paid and unpaid add-ons that are no longer available) plus the hassle of recovering MS Office/Outlook files, etc. I'm not going to do it just for this one Ozone 6/9 issue.  

I'm using the Windows Defender, its not intrusive like some AV programs.  The one that works OK also had Windows Defender enabled for testing and it didn't interfere.

It falls back to some issue between the OS and Ozone.   And the only known issue I have with this system is the Ozone issue.  No other application or device has any problems.  Ozone 6 was completely uninstalled (PC rebooted) and reinstalled and the problem remained.  I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled 9 but based on it not helping Ozone 6 I don't see where it will fix the problem.

Like Ozone 6 (that I don't use) I don't foresee me using 9 very much.  Ozone 5, Country Basic, is perfect for 99% of what I do.

I just had this happen to me yesterday also. The project just shut down and vanished as I was scrolling through presets (whilst playing the project.) I have Ozone 8 and Neutron 2 both on the project, but I can't remember which one I was using at the time. I've tried to replicate it today with either plugin but no luck.    

• 4 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 11:14 AM, Jack Stoner said:

The event viewer shows it as Ozone 9 "problem", but I have no idea what it is telling me.   

It's been quite a while since your last post, also the thread is now marked as solved. So what solved it?

1 hour ago, A'Tuin said:

It's been quite a while since your last post, also the thread is now marked as solved. So what solved it?

I marked it "solved" as I know what it is, my Desktop DAW.   If I do a clean Win 10 install, and my recording software including Ozone it would be "fixed".  

• 3 weeks later...