audio disappeared during track(s) export

Bob David

Question

When I was exporting a track (or tracks) in WAV so I could get it to a friend, the audio waves just disappeared on all 18 tracks. The track title and all that stuff is still there on the left side, but where the audio sound waves should be on the right side, it's just black. I tried exporting both a single track (didn't work) and then all the tracks (didn't work). Not sure when this happened, but it happened during one of those processes. I have already tried the hide/show button.

Did I just send my whole song into the etherland of the lost?

Edited by Bob David

2 answers to this question

So long as you don't re-save the project with the clips gone, the last saved copy will still have them. And even if you did re-save, the actual audio files themselves will still be in project's audio folder, unless they were all recorded in the current session and never saved...?

Check  Edit > History for evidence of a Delete, Crop or other action that you can undo. Otherwise it's probably just a display issue of some sort.

Try opening the last saved copy of the project withouout closing the current one, and if everything is there, you can abandon the current one or Save As with a different  name for further investigation.  

Edited by David Baay