Templates question

Silvio Gazquez

Question

5 answers to this question

No, project templates can only be used to start a new project; they can't be applied after the fact in any way. But copying the tracks over to to the new project started from template should be as easy as opening both projects' track windows side by side, and dragging tracks/clips to the new project.

Edited by David Baay

47 minutes ago, David Baay said:

No, project templates can only be used to start a new project; they can't be applied after the fact in any way. But copying the tracks over to to the new project started from template should be as easy as opening both projects' track windows side by side, and dragging tracks/clips to the new project.

But he can actually have a mixing Track template with all the tracks and busses ready with plugins and insert it in the project, and then drag the clips to those tracks.  

I was researching and its possible to create template tracks, for example a drum group of tracks and import them into a project. Also you can do that with busses. 

But I didnt find a way to create a group of busses, just single ones so you can add them one by one..

So my idea was being able to insert my whole template mix into a recent recording session, including all my busses FX, etc. 

Edited by Silvio Gazquez

6 hours ago, Silvio Gazquez said:

So my idea was being able to insert my whole template mix into a recent recording session, including all my busses FX, etc. 

Yeah, I sort of figured you were looking for a more advanced routing and bussing setup than track templates could accomodate. And  you would still need to move your clips from their original tracks to their template tracks. So you might as well be moving them to a new project where everything is already set up.

5 hours ago, David Baay said:

Yeah, I sort of figured you were looking for a more advanced routing and bussing setup than track templates could accomodate. And  you would still need to move your clips from their original tracks to their template tracks. So you might as well be moving them to a new project where everything is already set up.

Yeah, not that bad... But having the option of adding a group of FX busses would be helpful tho.

Thanks.