Jump to content
  • 0
Silvio Gazquez

Templates question

Question

Posted (edited)

hello,

Is it possible to start a tracking session from scratch and once I have all my tracks ready to mix insert my mix template? Or just need to export all tracks and import them into a template?

thx

Edited by Silvio Gazquez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)

No, project templates can only be used to start a new project; they can't be applied after the fact in any way. But copying the tracks over to to the new project started from template should be as easy as opening both projects' track windows side by side, and dragging tracks/clips to the new project.

Edited by David Baay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
47 minutes ago, David Baay said:

No, project templates can only be used to start a new project; they can't be applied after the fact in any way. But copying the tracks over to to the new project started from template should be as easy as opening both projects' track windows side by side, and dragging tracks/clips to the new project.

But he can actually have a mixing Track template with all the tracks and busses ready with plugins and insert it in the project, and then drag the clips to those tracks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I was researching and its possible to create template tracks, for example a drum group of tracks and import them into a project. Also you can do that with busses. 

But I didnt find a way to create a group of busses, just single ones so you can add them one by one..

So my idea was being able to insert my whole template mix into a recent recording session, including all my busses FX, etc. 

 

Edited by Silvio Gazquez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Silvio Gazquez said:

So my idea was being able to insert my whole template mix into a recent recording session, including all my busses FX, etc. 

Yeah, I sort of figured you were looking for a more advanced routing and bussing setup than track templates could accomodate. And  you would still need to move your clips from their original tracks to their template tracks. So you might as well be moving them to a new project where everything is already set up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, David Baay said:

Yeah, I sort of figured you were looking for a more advanced routing and bussing setup than track templates could accomodate. And  you would still need to move your clips from their original tracks to their template tracks. So you might as well be moving them to a new project where everything is already set up.

Yeah, not that bad... But having the option of adding a group of FX busses would be helpful tho.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...