Easiest to read

Stephen Simmons

I am not a visual artist (I failed art a few times in elementary school and junior high school) and I do not have the patience to design and create a theme, but I did tweak some collapsed Control Bar module visual elements to help save some wear and tear on my eyes.  I think visual needs can be idiosyncratic, but if you think they will help, I would be happy to share the images I have created.  This goes for theme developers, too, if they want to incorporate some of the ideas into their own themes.

image.png.76b3509086c37f23f81115b16c59e2c4.pngimage.png.92f4ae0e64e8123253829bc767f3adda.pngimage.png.a3f33b6f6ba040a9f308f5a51860e15e.png

• Like 1

A somewhat boring but natural question: have you tried Mercury? That’s one of the two themes supplied with Cakewalk, but it’s no longer the default theme so depending on how far your Cakewalk history stretches back you may have missed it. It’s bright and has fairly good contrast (and as an added bonus also looks really good). The potential visual problems I can see are mostly grey text in some of the modules of the Control Bar (such as the Tools module) but it would only be one or two hour’s work to make that text brighter using the Theme Editor if that were to be a problem.

If you haven't tried it, just go to Edit > Preferences > Customization > Themes and select Mercury from the Themes drop-down.