Problems after update 2019.09

I haven´t been using Cakewalk for a while and when I started my Cakewalk computer I got a notice that I need to connect or stay in Demo-mode. I let the Bandlab assistant upgrade. Now some of my Modules like Tool, Snap and Transport is not working. Say I try to change the tempo or try to play.  Noting happens. The controls doen´t react. All other clickingseems to work. 

I´m using Win7 on Parallells on my Mac.

19 hours ago, Gunnar Åkerlund said:

I haven´t been using Cakewalk for a while and when I started my Cakewalk computer I got a notice that I need to connect or stay in Demo-mode. I let the Bandlab assistant upgrade. Now some of my Modules like Tool, Snap and Transport is not working. Say I try to change the tempo or try to play.  Noting happens. The controls doen´t react. All other clickingseems to work. 

If you exit and reopen BandLab Assistant, do you still see the app in Demo Mode? 

On 10/7/2019 at 10:03 PM, Gunnar Åkerlund said:

As you know Cakewalk by BandLab is a Windows only application. Running it on a Mac through Parallels Desktop might work, but there’s certainly no guarantee coming from Cakewalk that it does.

Have you upgraded to macOS 10.15 Catalina? And if so, are you running the latest version of Parallels Desktop that supports it (version 15)? Even so, there seems to be a long list of known issues that has yet to be addressed in an upcoming release.

On 10/8/2019 at 6:03 AM, Gunnar Åkerlund said:

If you want to run Cakewalk with stability on a Mac your only real option is Windows OS via Bootcamp.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:12 PM, lapasoa said:

What do you mean with the need to check in with home base?

is has to log in to bandlab every 6 months(?) to stay out of demo mode - if your pc is offline you will have to go online every 6 months(?) to do this - is there a FAQ for this yet?

Hey @Gunnar Åkerlund! We typically recommend Mac users to run BootCamp with a Windows partition.  This will provide the best integration experience for users who need to run Windows on their Mac. Booting separately for each OS is also quite a bit less resource intensive, compared to having both OS's running with Parallels. While Windows 7 support is also dwindling, it would still be good to get some additional info from you regarding the issues you're experiencing so we can try to reproduce anything on our end. Feel free to drop me a line at support@cakewalk.com with details or even a short video so we can help out.