Waveform preview on buses doesn't work properly

jono grant

It seem that waveform preview (where a preview of your waveform gets drawn on-the-fly) does not work properly in CWBL.

Nothing draws during playback unless you click on the screen/bus and then a small portion of the waveform will show, this is the same on synth audio tracks. Also, clicking anywhere on the screen now in Cakewalk makes the cursor go to that point which is very annoying. You used to have to click on the ruler for that to happen which was great.

Cakewalk, think about fixing "Waveform preview" so it works and perhaps put back clicking on the time line without changing cursor during playback. There are many reasons you need to click on the screen to un-highlight things etc. You rarely need the cursor to move when you click the screen.

Thanks

Edited by jono grant

Have you been following the release notes? There is a Click behavior option to "Set time during playback" that allows you choose whether clicks in the clips view sets time or not. Clicking on clips always set the time - that's not new behavior. If you prefer to click exclusively in the time ruler then turn off that option.

I'm not seeing your problem with bus preview. There were several fixes to bus preview in this release. Can you be more specific about the conditions under which it doesnt work? If I start playback I see bus preview drawing fine without clicking anywhere.

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Have you been following the release notes? There is a Click behavior option to "Set time during playback" that allows you choose whether clicks in the clips view sets time or not. Clicking on clips always set the time - that's not new behavior. If you prefer to click exclusively in the time ruler then turn off that option.

I'm not seeing your problem with bus preview. There were several fixes to bus preview in this release. Can you be more specific about the conditions under which it doesnt work? If I start playback I see bus preview drawing fine without clicking anywhere.

Thanks Noel! I had not seen that! Worked like a charm. Funnily enough, after changing it to not "Set time during playback" the wave form preview worked properly again! And even more odd, when I switched it back again the wave preview still worked.

Thanks very much!

2 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

I spoke too soon. I thought the wave form preview was working again but after closing and reopening the session and other sessions I still have the problem. I'll attach a short video showing the issue

Thanks