Re: Addictive Drums 2 Drum Map in CBB

TedPiano

Hi all,

Re: Addictive Drums 2 Drum Map in CBB

Has anyone found a way to install the AD2 Drum Map in CBB. I’ve got the AD2cwt. In the X3 Cakewalk Content and it works with SPLAT

I can open SPLAT Projects in CBB and the AD2 Drum Map is present but if I open any of the CBB Templates it is not available.

Any thoughts?

Re: Can the AD2 Drum Map be used to create a fully Mono Output Kit

Is it possible to create a fully Mono Output Kit in AD2 using the current AD2 Drum Map or would that require the development of a specific AD2 DM. I’ve been trying to get to grips with creating drum maps but so far have bombed out.

Any thoughts?

If anyone is looking for the AD2 Drum Map here is a link that still works

http://static.cakewalk.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blog/AD2-Drum-Maps.zip

Thanks

Best

Ed

Probably the easiest way to make the templates available to CbB, is to copy the SONAR templates into your CbB templates folder.

I'd recommend renaming them first (maybe append _sonar  to the end) so they don't clash with the CbB equivalents and potentially get overwritten by an upgrade.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this, but AFAIK all a drum map defines is which notes trigger which drums. This has nothing to do with the panning or outputs of a AD2 instance.

To do what you want, you'll need to configure an instance of AD2 to provide the mono outputs as required and either:

• Save this as a track template, which can be inserted into any project; or
  • Make sure your templates have an instance of AD2 in them with these settings applied.

[edit] - Another, perhaps easier route would be to simply save a preset within AD2 with your settings applied.

Edited by msmcleod

Hi msmcleod,

Thanks for the reply - pretty much what I was thinking at this stage - it's just that in the Cakewalk Step Sequencer the ability to change midi inputs for every drum instance i.e resetting a midi drum eg moving the Toms from 65 to 72 closer to the Kick at 36 by resetting unrequired drums eg Snares at 40 to 44 and also the deleting capacity of removing unwanted drum instances is something I find extremely flexible and helpful.

Thanks again - I'll keep adding to the workarounds

Best

Ed

Still working at template setups and I've arrived at Addictive Drums. To quote from an old forum thread - Aaaagh!

http://forum.cakewalk.com/AD2-drum-map-ARRGH-m3598948.aspx

When I have used AD in the past it's always been to a tight deadline and I made do with whatever was quick. Now I want to set it up 'properly' with correct drum map and create custom templates with my other soft & external synths. Rout each midi track into AD softsynth tracks. I'm kind of three-quarters of the way there but...

Still can't get drum map to show except right-clicking on keyboard (which it defaults to automatically) and select rename notes (AD Drums). So that works. But select the same midi clip again and it has defaulted back to keyboard view (that's as in piano roll view). I have tried creating an AD .ins file and importing it into instrument definitions but that doesn't seem to help either.

And am I right that AD only allows either master out for individual instruments in the kit or master and and individual out.....or individual out? There seems no way to group, e.g. toms 1, 2, 3, 4, each has its separate output.

Apologies if this is hijacking the original thread.

29 minutes ago, seadude said:

Still can't get drum map to show except right-clicking on keyboard (which it defaults to automatically) and select rename notes (AD Drums). So that works. But select the same midi clip again and it has defaulted back to keyboard view (that's as in piano roll view). I have tried creating an AD .ins file and importing it into instrument definitions but that doesn't seem to help either.

Assigning note names in the Notes Pane is not the same as using a drum map and the Drum Grid Pane

This covers the basics of using drum maps with AD2.

34 minutes ago, seadude said:

And am I right that AD only allows either master out for individual instruments in the kit or master and and individual out.....or individual out? There seems no way to group, e.g. toms 1, 2, 3, 4, each has its separate output.

It is possible to use the master and individual outs at the same time. Refer to page 33 in the Addictive Drums 2 Manual.pdf or look at the template supplied in the zip file linked in the OP and the Knowledge Base article link in this reply. When using separate outs for the toms use a bus or aux track to sum them. Use quick groups and create control groups if desired.