ever since I was a little baby

Jesse Screed

1 hour ago, freddy j said:

I don't know how you do it Jesse but you manage to take a bunch of disparate sounds, vocals, and instruments and make them sound interesting

Hello Freddy, it probably says more about you, than about me.  What I mean is, you have a larger bubble than most people. 

For instance, I know people who eat the same thing everyday.  That doesn't make them bad, it just means that they don't wish to do their thing any other way., and God Bless them for that, we need them around.

When it comes to listening to disparate musical styles, you have dabbled in may genres, and you have found value in most of them.  Craig B also seems to have a major bubble, he has like 50 gagillion song files by  everybody from virginal cherubs to zombies.

Now here is how I do what I do.  It takes equal parts of the list below.

1. Ambivalence

2. Lack of training

3. Curiosity

4. Gumption

5.  Naievete

6. Being alive now, during the technological revolution, where everyone is a cinematographer, rock star, novelist, expert, influencer,  future worm food...

7. Luck of the draw

8.  Something else I can't think of right now

That's really about it, thanks for listening Freddy Jay Jay

Edited by Jesse Screed
  • Haha 1

Hey Jesse . . . seems you always stray from the various pleasantries of predictable tonality and the mainstream, and I do like the raw and honest vocal you've recorded here. It's Bob Dylan on a bit of a bender. On my second listen . . . okay there's a kind of loose tonality. Keep it rolling, and stay out there on the curve.

22 hours ago, noynekker said:

Bob Dylan on a bit of a bender.

A bit of?

That is pretty high praise for a miscreant like me, but I will take it as more of a Bob Dylan allusion  than the bender part allusion🤣

I will have to look up tonality, I am not sure what the definition  of tonality is.  Do they have tonality in rural Cheena?

I am working on some new stuff, so I will get back to you noynekker. 

What is a noynekker?  Seriously, it rolls off the tongue so easily, but I feel like I am just speaking in tongues, would you care to elaborate?

FYI, I was named after a distant Uncle, supposedly he was related to Charlemagne, and Charlemagne was related to  some others.  At least that is what my Vikram has said.  My Vikram is afraid of spiders, so I am not so sure if I agree.

Anyway, isn't life in the unintended fake consequence facts wisdom to the extreme era cool?

Man, if only my brain had not rusted might I have the heart to roar.

For some reason I have an urge to listen to some Toto.

Carry on my capricious one.

What happened to Kansas could happen to anyone,

Jesse
I like it. Pretty sure most newcomers to your music are thinking, wtf is this?? But then they move over to the other side and they start liking it. Always wondered how you do that, but gotta say that's pretty cool.

+1 on item 6 on your list above. I think I'm a musician even though I can't play an instrument very well,  but I can move notes around in PRV.

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:38 PM, Jesse Screed said:

A bit of?

That is pretty high praise for a miscreant like me, but I will take it as more of a Bob Dylan allusion  than the bender part allusion🤣

I will have to look up tonality, I am not sure what the definition  of tonality is.  Do they have tonality in rural Cheena?

I am working on some new stuff, so I will get back to you noynekker. 

What is a noynekker?  Seriously, it rolls off the tongue so easily, but I feel like I am just speaking in tongues, would you care to elaborate?

FYI, I was named after a distant Uncle, supposedly he was related to Charlemagne, and Charlemagne was related to  some others.  At least that is what my Vikram has said.  My Vikram is afraid of spiders, so I am not so sure if I agree.

Anyway, isn't life in the unintended fake consequence facts wisdom to the extreme era cool?

Man, if only my brain had not rusted might I have the heart to roar.

For some reason I have an urge to listen to some Toto.

Carry on my capricious one.

What happened to Kansas could happen to anyone,

Jesse . . . tonality is just the scale and harmony system developed by western music that many view as a ball and chain for creativity, while others believe it makes music a more universal language. (For example: Beethoven vs. Zappa)

FYI . . . "noynekker" is just a mythical creature that can move freely in and out of time and space.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, bjornpdx said:

Jesse
I like it. Pretty sure most newcomers to your music are thinking, wtf is this?? But then they move over to the other side and they start liking it.

Without a doubt Jesse is something of an acquired taste. (and I don’t mean that in a bad way) This takes me back to some Wild Man Fisher, Zappa had a knack for finding talent that was decidedly not “mainstream”. Also brings to mind a current artist, Sea Sick Steve; raw, not polished, just honest (I hate the notion of “authentic”). Keep it up Jesse!

Tom