Roland Juno DS 61 - USB No Sound

James McKee

Hey everyone: Adding my Juno DS 61 via USB and I can see the faders moving but no sound. Am I not able to record the sounds from the DS into Cakewalk? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Using a Tascam 2x2.

Edited by James McKee

10 minutes ago, James McKee said:

Hey everyone: Adding my Juno DS 61 via USB and I can see the faders moving but no sound. Am I not able to record the sounds from the DS into Cakewalk? Thanks in advance for your assistance. Using a Tascam 2x2.

I am using it without problems. Use the Tascam as input and output under Preferences/Devices and monitor the Juno through the Tascam. You should notice that the Juno also has an integrated audio interface (as the Tascam but more basic) and maybe both are in conflict. 

On 10/5/2019 at 10:56 PM, James McKee said:

OK... so I select add track (+) should it midi or audio? Then I select Omni  (instrument Track)on input and us2x2 on output... This is an instrument track. Should I select an audio Track.

image.png.4a7d63bb37af4b3f64ba1f3b0d8a975b.png

You can record either MIDI or Audio, since the USB can record both. Just activate the MIDI inputs and outputs of the Juno-DS under Preferences (press "p"), Midi Devices.