Eileen Aroon

David Sprouse

I liked it! You mentioned rubato, and yeah maybe? For four pieces to all play in unison with rubato is quite a feat. But it still comes off pretty natural and I like your sound elements. 

I am not familiar with the traditional but I liked your version. What instruments did you use?

cheers,

-Tom

20 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

I liked it! You mentioned rubato, and yeah maybe? For four pieces to all play in unison with rubato is quite a feat. But it still comes off pretty natural and I like your sound elements. 

I am not familiar with the traditional but I liked your version. What instruments did you use?

cheers,

-Tom

Hi Tom,

I tightened up the entries and exits on this, it sounds alot better.  It's a string trio.  Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Just now, David Sprouse said:

Hi Tom,

I tightened up the entries and exits on this, it sounds alot better.  It's a string trio.  Thanks for taking the time to listen!

Hi Bjorn, it does sound a little sad.  Maybe I should have said improvised more than rubato.  Thanks for listening!

• 3 weeks later...

This was a nice piece. I liked the solo intro, good balance between the parts I think. Then you lost me around 1:45, I got back in it at 2:00 and the ending was nice I think. I didn't like the violin solo sound, but I know how difficult it is to get it to sound realistic. Nice work and thanks for posting!

Hi David I liked it.
We all paint different pictures...
I would have liked the instrument in the beginning to be more central...  I thought it was too long on the left side.
What about panning center and then left when the others come in.
Just my thoughts.

I dont know anything about traditional music... 

I heard this song in a movie from the 1970s.  Richard Harris sang it with Samantha Eggar.  One of the lines that stuck in my head was "I had a lady fair.  Eileen Aroon".  When I saw the title it struck me "could that be that song"? and it is.

Never heard it as an instrumental.  Very pretty.

🙂John B

• 2 weeks later...