I finally finished my album!

fHumble fHingaz

Hi Everyone, I'd  to be a member of the old Cakewalk forum since about 2007, but this is my first post here...

Well...it's taken quite a while, a few false starts, some very convoluted detours and sidetracks, a LOT of patience, but it's finally done!... (Much of the album was produced using various versions of Sonar)

My project "FytaKyte"s first full-length album "Meandersaur". Here are a couple of links where it can be streamed (or even purchased if it's your beverage of choice):

https://fytakyte.bandcamp.com/releases

http://store.cdbaby.com/cd/fytakyte

Here is a YouTube stream of all 10 tracks. The Album is now available to be streamed or bought from pretty much all the digital outlets - iTunes, Spotify, Google Play etc.  Just search "Fytakyte"

Have a listen and let me know what you think!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Will said:

Reminds me of a cross between Jude Cole and Wishbone Ash. Loved every bit of it. I can't believe the quality of some of the songs I'm hearing in this forum today. Maybe I should just quit. xD

NO YA DON'T

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SPAK said:

Getting through slowly, but so far it sounds really tight ..for me it sounds a bit / reminds me, of one of my favorite bands of all time 'Foreigner' ... so all good here! Thanks for the post

SPAK

Hey, thanks for listening & commenting - much appreciated!  It's also great to get a little feedback on what/who the music brings to mind.  I don't have one skerrick of objectivity in that regard.

Thanks again!

3 hours ago, Will said:

Reminds me of a cross between Jude Cole and Wishbone Ash. Loved every bit of it. I can't believe the quality of some of the songs I'm hearing in this forum today. Maybe I should just quitxD

Thanks Will - Glad you liked it! 

I'll have to check out those two artists, as I'm not familiar with their music.  I've heard of Wishbone Ash, but not Jude Cole.  Being from Australia, a lot of the music that was super-popular elsewhere did not make it to Oz when I was growing up in the pre-Internet era.

Oh...and I know please don't quit (I think you know you won't 😉)... If it is anything, this album is a testament to not quitting!

Thanks again!

5 hours ago, Will said:

Thanks for linking this!  Yup, this is very much my cup of tea - great stuff!

2 hours ago, mcmd said:

listening on MSP5's and JBL306.

I listened to the album.

Great arrangements, vox, guitars,drums and balance .....all sound  great...very pro!

Thank you mcmd - Glad it sounds good to you - I'm just a musician/home studio guy who dabbles in a little paid mixing and production work from time to time.  In any case, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment - much appreciated!

Well I'm through it all, have to say your voice cuts through a bit like  a mix between  Joe Walsh / Glen Frey ... in fact there's an  Eagles 'feel' to a some ( not all) of your songs IMO ...all good.

Some riffs seem similar all be it with different timings (Celebrity chef/ The Ballad Of Charles and Harry)  but the songs I really liked was ' Lean &  The Ballad Of Charles and Harry.

I would be proud If I had written these songs, so that's a big thumbs up from SPAK ... for what that's worth !🤔

Keep'um coming ( BTW Hope you get loadsa sales on Spot)

SPAK

Edited by SPAK
  • Like 1

Listened to the 1st song. Great tune. Loved how the Choruses came in with 3 big guitars (one in each speaker/one up the middle).

That center guitar that plays through out the majority of the song could stand out a bit more though (I think anyway).

Could be done using Delay/chorus or possible a touch of reverb.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...