BandLab audio driver error message

CDK

I have hade issues with Quad Cap too. My workaround was to deactivate Quad 1-2 in Windows System. So I can use Quad 1-2 (Monitor out and Headphones) in Daws exclusively, Windows (Browser, Social Media, Groove Music and Video) is using the onboard Realthek Sound. I still use Quad 3-4 (Digital Out, koax)  in Windows System too, connected to my normal Hifi Amp (5.1)

This works for me but I honestly don't know what causes the problems. 

Edited by mkerl

13 hours ago, JonD said:

Have you connected with a different DAW/audio app?  How about just in Windows (Does the Quad-Capture work as a general sound card)?

Yes it works fine with other apps (Transcribe, Chrome, iTunes, system sounds etc). When it disappears from BandLab it still shows up in Sibelius, just without the ASIO driver mode.

Edited by CDK

13 hours ago, JonD said:

Have you connected with a different DAW/audio app?  How about just in Windows (Does the Quad-Capture work as a general sound card)?

Yes it works fine with other apps (Transcribe, Chrome, iTunes, system sounds etc). When it disappears from BandLab it still shows up in Sibelius, just without the ASIO driver mode.

Not being detected by DAW programs but being detected by others was my problem, too.   Neither Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab and Studio One 4.5 Pro were detecting my MOTU 4pre but the MOTU control program (CueMix FX) detected it and Windows Device Manager showed it as working OK.  If all the Roland drivers and associated control programs were uninstalled, PC rebooted, and new install did not fix it then there is some Windows corruption and I would suspect what you noted was done with CCleaner and/or registry.   If you have a full disc image backup (and you should) that would be the best step, restore using the disc image.  

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 7:06 AM, Philip G Hunt said:

This may seem like a dumb question, but have you tried plugging the audio interface in with a different cable?

Sometimes the USB cables break. Try subing it with a different cable.

Also, try cleaning the USB connection pins. They can get dirty over time.

My money is on the Windows update *****in up the drivers. Have you tried rolling back? Or clean installing the drivers?

Yep I've tried all the above - except for cleaning the USB connection pins, I'll try that too! So annoying.