Wavesfactory SK-10 Plugin FREE

cclarry

What is a Sub-kick?

A sub-kick mic is a particular microphone used primarily for recording kick drums. It’s often a speaker converted into a microphone. Thanks to its diameter, a sub-kick mic captures a lot of low end, and it’s a perfect fit along with your regular kick mic for boosting the low frequencies. Just instantiate SK10 on your kick track, dial in the amount, apply the low pass filter if you want to and blend in with the original track.

Get it now

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I HIGHLY recommend 7Zip...it's free and can do what others
that charge can't.
https://www.7-zip.org/download.html

+1

Also seems to unzip files that the windows ones says are broken.

Another top tip is that some .exe install files can be opened by 7-zip and you can just pull out individual files so you don't have to run the full installer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

RAR is pretty common, not really proprietary.  Also very common with music files because it can easily break into multiple pieces and compresses audio slightly better than standard zip.

It is proprietary.  Otherwise Win10 would recognize it and extract it without having to install another program to do so.

Agree with Larry  7zip is the best free option I'm aware of.  However, I still stand with the notion it is annying to have to install another program to extract such a small file set.

RAR is for when real compression and large files are in play.  

• Like 1