Where does Cakewalk store user config preferences?

Colin Nicholls

Question

Where does Cakewalk store user configuration preferences? For example, command module customizations; display options; anything changed in the Edit-Preferences dialog; etc.

The reason I ask is that when I back up my files, I'd like to include my customized Cakewalk settings. It doesn't seem to be in %APPDATA% or %HOMEPATH% or %LOCALAPPDATA%.

6 answers to this question

What I do is run a batch file after my daily backup that includes various commands to back up various CbB components.  For example, to back up the control bar settings in Cakewalk by Bandlab, the command is as follows:

regedit /e "D:\Data files\Reg Keys\CbB_core_Control_Bar.reg" "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\MCBControlBar"

Obviously, where the above says "D:\Data files\Reg Keys\CbB_core_Control_Bar.reg", yours will be where you wish to save and your chosen file name for the reg file.

The beauty of simple reg files is that in order to restore the settings, you simply double click on the required reg file and it's done.

Edited by Promidi
Typo
  • Like 2