'Set project tempo from clip' function in AudioSnap strange behavior

Hi,

I've recorded a percussion instrument playing quarter notes and I'm attempting to create a tempo map based on it so the metronome and the grid follow the performance.

AudioSnap recognizes the transients but when I click on 'Set project tempo from clip' I get some weird behaviors. If I set it to 'Beat' it creates a tempo map based on the average clip tempo, but if I set it to 'Measure' or 'Clip', the audio clip is moved forward a bit and the tempo map is all screwed up, not recognizing the transients as the new tempo.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance

54 minutes ago, scook said:

Yes, it includes the percussive algorithm (along with a couple of others). Make sure to install the VST3 format plug-in.

I tried this and it works fairly well but it's a bit imprecise. Is there a way to edit the individual tempo markers?

I also tried a function called "fit improvisation" which creates a tempo map from a MIDI performance. There's a video called "Sonar Tutorial - Fit Improvisation" that showcases the function but it seems to be completely broken.  The tempo map that is created is completely off and my MIDI is slowed down... Is this broken or am I missing something? What would be the best way to report this?