Ez drummer 2 not following host when recording audio

ron murphy

I just updated to the latest ez drummer 2 and cakewalk updates and now when I try to record guitar or bass, the now time marker in ez drummer 2 starts moving as soon as the metronome starts and then it's all out of sync. When I just playback the song it follows the host. Only when I record a bass or guitar track it starts moving before it should be. It never used to do this. Actually when I would rewind the project to the beginning and hit record it would move forward a bit and it would throw me off so I had to start muting the drums. Any advice or way to fix this? It's super frustrating.

Does it with Superior Drummer 3, Addictive Drums 2 (if you turn on Sync Play/Stop) and Rapid Composer.  Pretty much anything with it's own timeline seems to start during the count-in and doesn't reset.  I'd say the metronome count-in is mostly broken.  Not sure what you can do other than not use a count-in or offset the music in the VST.

• Like 1

How do you offset the music in ez drummer 2? I'm almost positive it didn't use to do it before but maybe I just never noticed it. It for sure always would start first when I would start it from the beginning. I just been using the punch recording and I start it a few seconds beforehand. Thanks for replying man!🤘

On the EZDrummer timeline move the MIDI to match the count-in.  So if you have a 1 bar count-in, start the drum track on measure 2.

Or drag the MIDI out of EZDrummer and put it on a real MIDI track.

This bug with the count-in is new.  Cubase doesn't have this problem.  Cakewalk shouldn't start the playback until after the count-in.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

I've fixed this now. It will be in a hotfix soon.

There were some massive changes to time management this release and I missed the count in case when reporting time to plugins.

It's not exactly related to starting playback. It's just the time reporting itself that was not accounting for the count in.

• Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi guys,

There were some massive changes to time management this release and I missed the count in case when reporting time to plugins.

It's not exactly related to starting playback. It's just the time reporting itself that was not accounting for the count in.

I sometimes wonder how you manage to work so tirelessly. It’s Saturday, now go take a cold beer or something.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:

Hi guys,

That's awesome! What is a hotfix? I thought I was going crazy and did something...lol. So it was a result of the new update? I'm pretty new still to all this stuff.

2 hours ago, ron murphy said:

That's awesome! What is a hotfix? I thought I was going crazy and did something...lol. So it was a result of the new update? I'm pretty new still to all this stuff.

A hotfix is just a mini-release to fix any major or serious issues. It'll be out very soon.

• Thanks 1