Symphobia 1: €299 / $329
Symphobia 2: €299 / $329
Symphobia 3: €399 / $439
Symphobia Colours Animator: €99 / $109
Symphobia Colours Orchestrator: €99 / $109
Orchestral Essentials 1: €199 / $219
Orchestral Essentials 2: €199 / $219

Get the new pricing HERE

Also Symphobia 4 Pandora will be released on November 11th.

So, how does all this compare to something like the upcoming SA BBC SO?

As I understand it, with the ProjectSAM stuff, you would end up getting Symphobia 1, 2 and 3. And I think full Kontakt is needed.

Forgive my lack of understanding here. I do not have any experience at all with orchestral libraries and it is only the SA BBC SO product that has piqued my interest, so I am trying to get a grip on all the other products out there, which includes the ProjectSAM, NI and EW stuff.

It also appears that each and every one of all the available libraries offer different ways of providing playing methods and articulations.

So much research would be required and I'm not sure if I am up to the task anyway.

But, please, do not reply here with respect to my personal issues on this subject. I should really start a new topic somewhere or even consider joining VI-Control (which, having spend an hour or so looking around that forum, kinda scares me).

cheers

andy

9 hours ago, synkrotron said:

Well, this is kind of what I am thinking, except I cannot say as much because of my lack of understanding of the whole library thing.

In a nutshell, all the mentioned libraries sound really good.

BBCSO seems to be have a lot more control: each instrument type seems to be sampled separately, with many articulations and mic positions. I think it was mentioned that this will run in SA's own proprietary player.

The Project SAM ones sound really good too, but are slightly simplified, e.g. you might get a patch with strings and certain woodwinds combined; the instruments sound great played together, but you can't separate the sounds. It looks like these work in Kontakt Player (or at least Symphobia 1 has a Kontakt Player license), so you don't need the full version

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, antler said:

In a nutshell, all the mentioned libraries sound really good.

BBCSO seems to be have a lot more control: each instrument type seems to be sampled separately, with many articulations and mic positions. I think it was mentioned that this will run in SA's own proprietary player.

The Project SAM ones sound really good too, but are slightly simplified, e.g. you might get a patch with strings and certain woodwinds combined; the instruments sound great played together, but you can't separate the sounds. It looks like these work in Kontakt Player (or at least Symphobia 1 has a Kontakt Player license), so you don't need the full version

Yes, I am looking into that. I am not really interested so much in "ensembles," I think that's the right word. Or perhaps not. I mean, an ensemble of violins or celli would be okay, so long as there are some "leader" samples.

I'm getting there, slowly but surely...

1 minute ago, synkrotron said:

I am not really interested so much in "ensembles," I think that's the right word.

I too thought that mixed patches (don't know if that's the right term) might 'limit' my creativity, and ended up getting a few libraries on sale recently that focus on each instrument type/section. I have no idea if my orchestral skill warrant that level of detail but I thought (1) it'll be fun, even if it is hard work writing each part; (2) if I don't stretch myself, I'll never get there.

Time will tell... (and also hopefully feedback from the Songs forum)

Another thing to keep in mind as well is that the more detailed a library, the longer it takes to load (as a generalisation). I'm trying to do an orchestral right now, and during the writing phase I'm trying to keep usage to GPO5 (which sounds ok, but loads more quickly than my other libs)

• Like 1