Found a way to switch Focus btw. TV and PRV with Keyboard

Heinz Hupfer

Question

Hi there:

Normally you can't switch between TV and PRV, but I found a way:

1. Open PRV in Multidock

Now you have Focus in PRV and you can Zoom with Ctrl+(L,R,U,D).

2. Press Ctrl+TAB

Now you can Zoom in the TV, but you have no possibility to get the Focus back to PRV

3. Open a second TAB in the Multidock(Staff View), so that you have 2 Multidock TABs.

Now you can switch with Ctrl+TAB to the Track View and Zoom TV, switch to the Multidock with Ctrl+Shift+(Left or right) 

to the Multidock and can Zoom in the Multidock. Just press Left or right twice to come to the PRV.

Doesn't matter if the Multidock is in the first Window or undocked in a second Monitor. No mouse click needed!!

Works for me and hope it helps some others:)

Bassman.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

32 minutes ago, David Baay said:

Or you can just hit D, D to quickly toggle the multidock closed and back open. No?

I believe he is referring to focus itself. While hitting D does indeed open the multidock, focus is not initialized until you click somewhere within the dock area.

Example, PRV. While focus is in TV, hitting D will surely pull up the PRV that's been multidocked, but using the mouse to scroll up/down -  side/side cant be achieved unless you click somewhere in the PRV area itself.

Similar thread on TV/PRV focus

16 minutes ago, Chuck E Baby said:

using the mouse to scroll up/down -  side/side cant be achieved unless you click somewhere in the PRV area itself.

I thought the point was to do everything from the keyboard...?

After D, D, using keyboard cursor keys work to scroll the PRV (or zoom with Ctrl).

@David Baay

D doesn't work if the PRV is undocked, so the only way at the moment is to use 2 Tabs and Ctrl+TAB and Ctrl+Shift+Left or Right to switch between them.

But a solution for those who work with the docked PRV.

Since last week I have 3 42" 4K  Screens (before I had just 2) , so Space enough to fill with windows:)

Don't know why this guy just want to use the Keyboard, to edit you have to use the mouse, so why? Doesn't matter!

Bassman

On 5 de octubre de 2019 at 10:54 AM, Heinz Hupfer said:

Don't know why this guy just want to use the Keyboard, to edit you have to use the mouse, so why? Doesn't matter!

Bassman

You actually can do a lot of editing with the keyboard. I use the Numeric Pad pretty much for moving notes around, and sometimes having to move your right hand from the keyboard to the mouse feels a bit awkward.  Of course it is not that much of a problem, I only asked because I thought that there should be a simple keyboard shortcut that I was missing. It seems that there is not, so I'll have to keep on using the mouse to change focus, hoping that a keyboard action gets implemented in a future update.

@JoseC

If you can live with 2 Tabs Open in the dock, Ctrl+TAB works to Switch to TV and Ctrl+Shift+Right(2x) to Switch Focus to PRV.

If you want, you can make Ctrl+1 as a hotkey for (Next Tab) If you don't use Screensets copying.

Bassman.

P.S. 

There's another possibility to change Focus.

Install Autohotkey. In the "AHK" File you write: (For 1920x1080 Resolution)

===================================

#IfWinActive, ahk_exe Cakewalk.exe

^1::
Click 2000,100,1
Return

#IfWinActive

===================================

With pressing Ctrl+1 this does a mouseclick on the second monitor if you have resolution 1920x1080. Change it for others.

Don't know why this was not my first thought!

>>>>You actually can do a lot of editing with the keyboard. I use the Numeric Pad pretty much for moving notes around

You can move notes with NUMPAD 2,4,6,8 but how do you select notes? You have to go back to TV and use 0-3-Alt 4 and 6 to select them(TAB to move to the next or previous note). Isn't it better to do all that in the Inline PRV? You don't have to switch to PRV!

Greetz;)

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer