Jump to content
cclarry

Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Yes, as long as you've registered it with iZotope.
That was my situation.

So Steven, could you clarify ? Did you buy and install the update from a third party- and then get your money back from them when Izotope offered you a free update?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

So Steven, could you clarify ? Did you buy and install the update from a third party- and then get your money back from them when Izotope offered you a free update?

Sorry I misread you post.

No refund involved in my situation.
I bought MPS2.1 through a 3rd party and Izotope honored purchase toward a grace period update.

I bought an MPS 2.1 crossgrade from AudioDeluxe on 8/29.
Izotope said I was a little outside of grace period for a free update but was going to honor it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

anyone care to share the benefits of upgrading from v7?

In fact I still prefer the v7 visuals, I kid you not. Particularly the vintage look of some plugins. But as far as mastering magic is concerned, I’m afraid there’s little in v7, a lot in v8, and even more in v9. There, there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

anyone care to share the benefits of upgrading from v7?

TBH, I only bought the MPS2.1 upgrade when the deal was on because I kinda wanted the Nectar 3 upgrade anyway and it was cheaper to buy the MPS bundle than it was ti get that, so they were basically paying me to have the rest of it. Then the whole grace period thing came up and before I had even really dug into O8A I had O9A. First time I've ever had the new version while it was actually the new version. Coming from v7 I'd say the Mastering Assistant (because I'm basically clueless and just twiddle things until it sounds better) is a big plus. Master Rebalance in O9 is pure filth though.😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hooray - Audio Deluxe now allow O9A update to be available here in UK (although JRR still don't).

Anyway - silly question - am I ok to uninstall O7 and O8 from my pc?

Jerry

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

anyone care to share the benefits of upgrading from v7?

Do you find any limitation on what you wanna do ? 

Do you like the results ? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jerrydf said:

Anyway - silly question - am I ok to uninstall O7 and O8 from my pc?

You can, but none of your old projects that use them will be able to reload their settings.  O9 has a whole new plugin ID, so it doesn't replace (or upgrade) old Ozones (this has been true of every iZotope product I think).  As a result I keep them all installed.  They don't really take up that much space/etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

You can, but none of your old projects that use them will be able to reload their settings.  O9 has a whole new plugin ID, so it doesn't replace (or upgrade) old Ozones (this has been true of every iZotope product I think).  As a result I keep them all installed.  They don't really take up that much space/etc.

Thanks Matthew. I saw that the presets were completely new in O9, with none of my previous saved presets. As you say, the space saving is small,  so I'll leave them as they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jerrydf said:

Hooray - Audio Deluxe now allow O9A update to be available here in UK (although JRR still don't).

Anyway - silly question - am I ok to uninstall O7 and O8 from my pc?

Jerry

 

 

Uncle Eric will tell you how to make it happen if you ever want to buy anything from JRR. Just send them an email and he'll get right back to you.😉

  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Zo said:

Do you find any limitation on what you wanna do ? 

Do you like the results ? 

 

no limitations, like the results

i haven't bought a plugin/upgrade for at least two years now :)

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

no limitations, like the results

i haven't bought a plugin/upgrade for at least two years now :)

Next !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, paulo said:

Uncle Eric will tell you how to make it happen if you ever want to buy anything from JRR. Just send them an email and he'll get right back to you.😉

Thanks for the tip,  Paulo. I have an account there and bought quite a few plugs there. I'll have to get to know this Uncle Eric.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, balinas said:

Anyone have a spread with all vendors and the go to guy/gal who can make a deal happen?!😀

everyplugin.com

jrr.com

audiodeluxe.com

bestservice.com

audiopluginboutique.com

All these guys will try their best to make what you need happen. Dealt with all of them and these are all good people. 

 

[edit] I am sure I forgot a couple of the good ones too. Larry can flesh this list out.

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...