Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

cclarry

22 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Yes, as long as you've registered it with iZotope.
That was my situation.

So Steven, could you clarify ? Did you buy and install the update from a third party- and then get your money back from them when Izotope offered you a free update?

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

So Steven, could you clarify ? Did you buy and install the update from a third party- and then get your money back from them when Izotope offered you a free update?

Sorry I misread you post.

No refund involved in my situation.
I bought MPS2.1 through a 3rd party and Izotope honored purchase toward a grace period update.

I bought an MPS 2.1 crossgrade from AudioDeluxe on 8/29.
Izotope said I was a little outside of grace period for a free update but was going to honor it.

3 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

anyone care to share the benefits of upgrading from v7?

In fact I still prefer the v7 visuals, I kid you not. Particularly the vintage look of some plugins. But as far as mastering magic is concerned, I’m afraid there’s little in v7, a lot in v8, and even more in v9. There, there. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pwalpwal said:

anyone care to share the benefits of upgrading from v7?

TBH, I only bought the MPS2.1 upgrade when the deal was on because I kinda wanted the Nectar 3 upgrade anyway and it was cheaper to buy the MPS bundle than it was ti get that, so they were basically paying me to have the rest of it. Then the whole grace period thing came up and before I had even really dug into O8A I had O9A. First time I've ever had the new version while it was actually the new version. Coming from v7 I'd say the Mastering Assistant (because I'm basically clueless and just twiddle things until it sounds better) is a big plus. Master Rebalance in O9 is pure filth though.😁

1 hour ago, jerrydf said:

Anyway - silly question - am I ok to uninstall O7 and O8 from my pc?

You can, but none of your old projects that use them will be able to reload their settings.  O9 has a whole new plugin ID, so it doesn't replace (or upgrade) old Ozones (this has been true of every iZotope product I think).  As a result I keep them all installed.  They don't really take up that much space/etc.

7 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

You can, but none of your old projects that use them will be able to reload their settings.  O9 has a whole new plugin ID, so it doesn't replace (or upgrade) old Ozones (this has been true of every iZotope product I think).  As a result I keep them all installed.  They don't really take up that much space/etc.

Thanks Matthew. I saw that the presets were completely new in O9, with none of my previous saved presets. As you say, the space saving is small,  so I'll leave them as they are. 

12 hours ago, jerrydf said:

Hooray - Audio Deluxe now allow O9A update to be available here in UK (although JRR still don't).

Anyway - silly question - am I ok to uninstall O7 and O8 from my pc?

Jerry

Uncle Eric will tell you how to make it happen if you ever want to buy anything from JRR. Just send them an email and he'll get right back to you.😉

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, paulo said:

Uncle Eric will tell you how to make it happen if you ever want to buy anything from JRR. Just send them an email and he'll get right back to you.😉

Thanks for the tip,  Paulo. I have an account there and bought quite a few plugs there. I'll have to get to know this Uncle Eric.

3 hours ago, balinas said:

Anyone have a spread with all vendors and the go to guy/gal who can make a deal happen?!😀

everyplugin.com

jrr.com

audiodeluxe.com

bestservice.com

audiopluginboutique.com

All these guys will try their best to make what you need happen. Dealt with all of them and these are all good people. 

[edit] I am sure I forgot a couple of the good ones too. Larry can flesh this list out.

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1