Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

cclarry

On 10/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, Fwrend said:

Yep, I waited to purchase until I heard back from iZotope support.  I purchased the MPS 2.1 upgrade Aug 5.   Heard back yesterday  and was told I was just outside the grace period but because I was a loyal customer they would go ahead and extend the free upgrade with all of the extras!!  Email included all of the relevant codes/SNs and placed the iZ products in my account already.

Very impressed and grateful - top notch company! 

Thanks to you all on this thread I followed a similar inquiry. My purchase date for 2.1 was Aug 3.  A couple hours after my inquiry I received the serial numbers and Groove 3 code.

I echo the sentiment.  Very impressed and grateful!  I have plenty of good will now toward iZotope as a result.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fleer said:

Did you guys get a new Melodyne code as well?

I don't think they will give you another Melodyne code. Celemony is like that. If you get Essential once, then upgrade the product that you recived it from, they won't give you another number. Remember that's was how it went with Sonar.

IOW, I bought MSP2. upgraded to 2.1 and Essential still came with MSP 2.1, but since I got a serial from the first full version of MSP 2, I didn't get one for 2.1 because I was upgrading, not purchasing new. And I won't get one for the upgrade to MPS 3.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TheSteven said:

Got my GP Update earlier today - it contains MPS3, Nimbus & R4.
No Groove3 or Melodyne(?).

Anyone get the GPU and Groove3?
If it turns out that there's no Groove3, well it would have been nice but I'm real happy just to have gotten the GPU - Thanks iZotope!

Go here

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/partners/getmelodyne/redeem-mps21.html

to get your Melodyne Serial # - just enter the MP3 Serial #
and click "Redeem"

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I assume no one here has gotten a “grace period” refund of a 2.1 to 3 upgrade where the upgrade was purchased from a third party seller like JRR or Audio Deluxe?

You'll only get a refund from the vendor, and that's only if the product hasn't
been registered.

On 10/11/2019 at 8:51 AM, LAGinz said:

I assume no one here has gotten a “grace period” refund of a 2.1 to 3 upgrade where the upgrade was purchased from a third party seller like JRR or Audio Deluxe?

Yes, as long as you've registered it with iZotope.
That was my situation.

Edit: Sorry misread - grace period yes, refund no.

Edited by TheSteven

What a wild ride.  I bought the MSP 2.1 cross grade on August 6.  I sent Izotope a note asking about the grace period and didn't hear back so after 3 days bought an update to MSP3 from someone here who was in the same situation: didn't know if the grace period applied but also didn't want to miss the $99 deal Tomgu found earlier in the week at Recordingsoftware.com.

Once I was done sending my payment to the seller, I checked the Izotope portal and the MSP3 update was in there - probably added only hours earlier since I had checked at lunch.  If anyone is interested in buying my extra update at that great price, just let me know.  Izotope are ready to do the transfer fee free.  Poor Lars at customer support.  He's been a champ.

Wow.... 😃

Just to test a luck with very little hope I asked them if it would be possible I could qualify. I wanted just confirm I was for sure out of grace period just to stay calm I did everything I could....

And they confirmed 2 days out of period but anyway granted MPS3...  Wow unbelievable generous gesture.  And even didn't realize MPS3 contains also 2 reverbs by Exponential Audio... Wondering if my shopping of their products last years mattered or they would like just to not feel their customers to be too sad because of just few days difference...

Anyway I am shocked :) Is it really happening ? :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I think so, Piotr.  Maybe I should leave work and run the installer to be sure.

I just downloaded it by izotope portal and running it :) I screw a little authorization up but with a little help from ilok manager fixed it.

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

What a wild ride.  I bought the MSP 2.1 cross grade on August 6.  I sent Izotope a note asking about the grace period and didn't hear back so after 3 days bought an update to MSP3 from someone here who was in the same situation: didn't know if the grace period applied but also didn't want to miss the $99 deal Tomgu found earlier in the week at Recordingsoftware.com.

Once I was done sending my payment to the seller, I checked the Izotope portal and the MSP3 update was in there - probably added only hours earlier since I had checked at lunch.  If anyone is interested in buying my extra update at that great price, just let me know.  Izotope are ready to do the transfer fee free.  Poor Lars at customer support.  He's been a champ.

If Izotope would allow me to use it from MPS 2.0, I would buy it from you. If you contact them and they allow this as an exception, I'm willing to buy it. Because of the generous grace period, this might be your best chance to transfer it quickly.

On 10/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, Leizer said:

I send a question about it as well. Bought MPS2.1 Aug 07, so just outside the grace period.

...and as you maybe have guessed, I also got the upgrade. Great of Izotope to do this!

I got the ones not present in 2.1 - Ozone9Adv, R4 and Nimbus. Really happy about the reverbs, can you get too many? 🤣 Bought the R2 some years ago and use it from time to time. Sounds nice and easy to use.

• Like 1