Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

cclarry

Okay, watched the entire Deep Dive vid (thanks Larry) and found one essential upgrade apart from the resizable GUI: now you can select as many effects modules you like. Gone is the artificial limitation to six modules. And that’s indeed a good thing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, simon said:

latest 10.0.40 I think, windows - installed VST3 only.  Nuendo threw the same error.  Complained about them being 32bit (?) and blacklisted.  Plugin manager showed them as 64bit so re-enabled and all was good.

it just seemed like an odd error - somebody else reported the same problem on the steinberg forum.

anyway all good :) - got my groove3/melodyne licences direct from izotope same as you

I saw that a lot with Cubase and VST2's.  So for the most part I dont even bother to install the VST2's versions.  So far the VST3's seem to play nice with Cakewalk, Cubase and StudioOnev4.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I did a bad thing...I bought the update to MPS 3,
which means it's beans for the rest of the month...
The price we pay I guess...🤢 Or should I say I GAS?

I honestly should not have done it...but we do what
we must! 😜

Gratz but you're crazy, or you're crazy but awesome? :P I couldn't live just with beans though, more power to you :P

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So how do you get the year of Groove 3?  I got a serial number for MBS 3 and two for the reverbs but nothing else.  Am I missing something?

You're supposed to go here and hit the "Redeem" button, and put the MPS3 Serial #

In, and it generates the codes for Melodyne and the Pass, but it only gave me the 
Melodyne Serial #, but not the pass

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/partners/getmelodyne.html

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

You're supposed to go here and hit the "Redeem" button, and put the MPS3 Serial #

In, and it generates the codes for Melodyne and the Pass, but it only gave me the 
Melodyne Serial #, but not the pass

https://www.izotope.com/en/lp/partners/getmelodyne.html

Same result for me.  And the Melodyne Serial # is the same one they gave me back with RX or maybe MPS2.1, guess you don't get more than one of those no matter what.

12 hours ago, Mesh said:

I'm still happy with O8A, think I'll stick with that (until BassDaddy says otherwise).

But . . but . . . that is hardly in keeping with the spirit. You could purchase the upgrade AND stick with O8A, now that would be in keeping with the spirit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

So how do you get the year of Groove 3?  I got a serial number for MBS 3 and two for the reverbs but nothing else.  Am I missing something?

I had to write Izotope support for the Groove 3 redeem code.  They sent the code and link directly to the Groove 3 site.  Put in the code and voila, a years pass showed up instantly in my Groove 3 account.  Actually went very smoothly once I got the code.  I would expect Izotope would be putting the redeem code directly in your account at Izotope.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, cclarry said:

Mastering Engineers TECHNICALLY don't do "the mix", they have to deal with exactly what they are sent...
as opposed to those of us who do both...so don't confuse the two.  Also, certain things "happen" during the
Mastering phase that you have two choices...go back and fix it in the mix, or fix it in the Mastering right now,
which, being usually time constrained (time is money) it's better to do it NOW if you can and move forward.
(I'm speaking from a business perspective, of course)

Totally agree Larry - for my little set up, I’m just saying I could easily go back to the stems, sort the issue there, and render a new stereo wav file for mastering. The new feature is a time saver for sure. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, simon said:

that's a great deal - is that legit do you think ?

AND 10% off with code RSoct10!!!  I'm kicking myself now!
THAT is a mistake...but I would have gladly purchased that mistake!

EDIT:  not applicable to this product

Edited by cclarry
  • Haha 1