Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

cclarry

34 minutes ago, Marshall said:

The ability to isolate and change vocals, bass and drums gain at the mastering stage is very clever, but that should have been addressed when mixing 😀

Mastering Engineers TECHNICALLY don't do "the mix", they have to deal with exactly what they are sent...
as opposed to those of us who do both...so don't confuse the two.  Also, certain things "happen" during the
Mastering phase that you have two choices...go back and fix it in the mix, or fix it in the Mastering right now,
which, being usually time constrained (time is money) it's better to do it NOW if you can and move forward.
(I'm speaking from a business perspective, of course)

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 2

I just watched half the video. Looks good to me!! I am happy with iit. And it's just like MItch said, I have worked on the mix and am pretty much happy with it, except I did notice that the vocal is too loud/low in that one spot. Really don't want to get the mix back out just to make that one change, and it's a little change at that! This can be a tool to correct issues such as these.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

You might fall into the free upgrade grace period which would be nice.

FYI: I had just registered my MPS 2.1 this morning, and I kindly asked them if they have a grace preriod. And they do! I just don't know how long it is. 

• Like 2

Update on the Melodyne no serial number issue:

Got a reply from Izotope Support that gave me a serial to use, told me how to d/l it, and how to register it. Very helpful.

I feel bad I sent a somewhat aggravated email support ticket last night!!

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

Got a reply from Izotope Support that gave me a serial to use, told me how to d/l it, and how to register it. Very helpful.

I think that since this is an "update" for 2.1, and you should have received Melodyne with 2.1,
that that is why they aren't including a Melodyne serial # with this update...but ICBW

Just now, cclarry said:

I think that since this is an "update" for 2.1, and you should have received Melodyne with 2.1,
that that is why they aren't including a Melodyne serial # with this update...but ICBW

Could very well be. You know how Celemony is about Serial numbers!!  Even though I got it, I also have one from Studio One. Which makes it ok for me to have a version on all three machines I own!!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Grem said:

Dont worry.  I sent a very nice message asking the same right after yours.  And I mentioned to disregard the poser troll who just emailed.  Or did I ask them to please disregard my previously nasty trolling emails?  I get so confused sometimes?! 😬 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, bluzdog said:

Eli's Groove 3 Ozone 9 Explained video is up.

Rocky

Nice.  Izotope just sent my Groove 3 year pass activation code!  Nice again!  And I promise this year to actually learn something!

Edited by balinas
add words for clarification
  • Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, simon said:

One more thing :) 

r4 and nimbus are blacklisted by default in cubase and nuendo . (VST3 - 64bit).  It suggests they are 32bit although plug-in manager sees them as 64bit. Had reenable manually for get them to show up.

i have the other exponential stuff and these didn’t need manually enabling. Who knows ! 

it’s all been hugely unimpressive so far 

Just checked R4 and Nimbus in my Cubase 10.  Both show correctly and load accordingly.  What version are you on?

10 minutes ago, balinas said:

Just checked R4 and Nimbus in my Cubase 10.  Both show correctly and load accordingly.  What version are you on?

latest 10.0.40 I think, windows - installed VST3 only.  Nuendo threw the same error.  Complained about them being 32bit (?) and blacklisted.  Plugin manager showed them as 64bit so re-enabled and all was good.

it just seemed like an odd error - somebody else reported the same problem on the steinberg forum.

anyway all good :) - got my groove3/melodyne licences direct from izotope same as you