Ozone 9 Released and Music Producition Suite 3

cclarry

One more thing :) 

r4 and nimbus are blacklisted by default in cubase and nuendo . (VST3 - 64bit).  It suggests they are 32bit although plug-in manager sees them as 64bit. Had reenable manually for get them to show up.

i have the other exponential stuff and these didn’t need manually enabling. Who knows ! 

it’s all been hugely unimpressive so far 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

To me, if you have MPS 2.1, it would be silly not to pay the extra
$40 to get Nimbus, R4, and the 1 Year Groove 3 pass...but YMMV

I have MPS2.1 and Nimbus, R4 and Phoenix already (bought from Izotope). Seems like I'm on the short end of the stick for any upgrade price for MPS3.

• Sad 2

I truly hate iZotope's upgrade system. I have no idea what I have. Do I have bundle? Do I have suite? I know I have a post production bundle. Seriously, they need to make this stuff easier for the end user because it's complete horse crap.

• Like 3

quick update from izotope 

they claim that the ozone 9 release is a "soft release" and isn't official until later today (whatever that means)

they also say there should be a ozone 9 patch today for the windows issue - groove 3 and melodyne licences (MPS3) should have been issued by vendor (JRR) , I'm dubious that this is true as previous codes for melodyne were issued by izotope but that's the reply I got

I suggest people email support directly as I got no response in the last couple of days from the online support form and emailing direct got a fast response

support@izotope.com

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, TerraSin said:

I truly hate iZotope's upgrade system. I have no idea what I have. Do I have bundle? Do I have suite? I know I have a post production bundle. Seriously, they need to make this stuff easier for the end user because it's complete horse crap.

I went off on this same subject earlier last night. I knew I had MPS2.1, but was Neutron 3 and Nectar 3 with it? I couldn't remember. I was downstairs on my Surface and I don't have Izotope stuff installed on it. So I tried to look at the Izotope website and good grief!! I just couldn't make out a dang thing. So I had to go upstairs and start up CbB to see what was in MPS 2.1 PITA. That's some really confusing stuff.

And I start up Izotope portal to start the d/l and O9A won't d/l!! Then I came here and saw why. They need to do a better job on providing info on the web site. It's a good looking web site, but no info. 

Edited by Grem

OK, I went back and looked at my JRR emails I was sent last night. None have a serial for Melodyne. The only thing I found in the emails was a link to d/l the product. That brought me to a 'Page Can't Be Found' that asked me what am I looking for. I type in Melodyne and they bring me to a Melodye Page (Izotope site still) that says Melodyne Essentials Comes With and it shows Neutron 3 and Vocal Production (RCR). So I click it and it wants me to sign into my account,(even though I already was) and when I sign in, it brings me back to My Account Loyalty Offers page. 

This is what I mean. Total BS! Their site is useless!!

I know I'm over-exaggerating.... but just a little!!  

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

I have MPS2.1 and Nimbus, R4 and Phoenix already (bought from Izotope). Seems like I'm on the short end of the stick for any upgrade price for MPS3.

Poor old Bapu doesn't need to buy the bundle upgrade.😭

16 minutes ago, Grem said:

And I start up Izotope portal to start the d/l and O9A won't d/l!! Then I came here and saw why. They need to do a better job on providing info on the web site. It's a good looking web site, but no info. 

support suggested this should be working later - in the meantime you can download manually

IIRC, the MPS 2.1 included the Neutron 3 update, but do not recall any side items. The update stream is getting a bit convoluted IMO. There is also a great deal of overlap in modules between apps now, so the comment about pulling RX modules into Ozone appears accurate based on what I have seen thus far. Two assumptions to these new features with that approach: 1) mix adjustment is not possible (since the only the master is available), and 2) people do not own RX7 (included with MPS 2 and higher). In most cases, both would not apply, especially for anyone remotely connected to the upgrade train (MPS 2 was a year ago already).