Editing the color picker button

Hello. I would like to ask if it is possible to edit the color picker button. Gradient is fine with me but is it possible to disable it with the theme editor and just make it with just a regular color.I am using the free cakewalk by bandlab. Thanks.                                     1764554163_askcakewalk.PNG.c88bb58040be21c9d8e2ff23f403c5b8.PNG                               1174799459_Capture2.PNG.23bf1224d2b2147337bf5cc3819efb36.PNG   

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2019 at 10:34 PM, Daryl L. Samuel said:

I vote to hide it altogether and back it into the right-click menu of the track pane.

If I recall correctly, this color picker button area was added when the "Tungsten" theme was added - and did not support color tinting in the Track View. So there needed to be an area that displayed the color.

This is still a neat feature. For those of us that don't use tinted panels, having the color visible is still good to have - obviously useful. I'm not a fan of the gradient myself, but the visible region should not be removed without an option to display it.

I agree about the right-click context menu option - at this point my brain is basically hard-wired to go to the context menu to look for actions such as color selection.

Edited by Colin Nicholls