Record Latency Adjustment - Setup Problem

Jack Stoner

Cakewalk (even latest 09 version) will not allow setting my MOTU unit as default in the  Sync Caching/Record Latency Adjustment (Samples) option.

It always reverts to "Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver (1 in 1 out).  

If I try to select my MOTU 4pre unit, when I click "Apply" it reverts to the generic low latency.  

My DAW system has Realtek for the PC Audio and it too shows as an option.  

Its not a Cakewalk version problem.  Old Cakewalk version and Sonar Platinum do the same thing.

Whether it matters or not, I would think I could select my recording interface device (the MOTU). 

• Like 1

Sounds like maybe you have ASIO4All installed...? I would uninstall it since you have a good interface with native ASIO driver.

If that's not it, I would have to do some Googling.

EDIT: Found some posts on the old forum indicating ""Generic Low Latency ASIO Driver (1 in 1 out)" is a Cubase thing:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Does-Anybody-Know-A-Better-Way-m3040170.aspx

Edited by David Baay

I've never had ASIO4ALL installed.   But, it was #$$% Cubase LE.  I got it with a hardware device but never used it.  I uninstalled Cubase LE and other Steinberg add-ons using Revo Uninstaller Pro as that also scans registry and for left over files.  Rebooted (Win 10) but uninstalling the Steinberg/Cubase LE  it corrupted my MOTU drivers and I had to uninstall the MOTU device and drivers, reboot the PC and do a complete new install of the MOTU drivers and control program.  

This fixed the selection problem, but it goes back to Cakewalk/Sonar unable to select/use the user selected device.  It automatically defaults to what it wants, not what the user wants.

On 10/2/2019 at 4:35 PM, Jack Stoner said:

This fixed the selection problem, but it goes back to Cakewalk/Sonar unable to select/use the user selected device.  It automatically defaults to what it wants, not what the user wants.

Have you submitted a support request?  Maybe include a screen shot of the audio setting screens.  Maybe force a mini dump (how to directions are in the mini dump link in my signature).  These are the kind of issues that drive users batty.  Even if the underlying cause is outside of Cakewalk's control and responsibility, the developers might find a more elegant way to handle the situation.