"Set Measure/Beat at Now" note division give incorrect division results

Galapas

I use the "Project - Set Measure/Beat at Now" feature to manually MIDI/Tempo map audio files. In the past I got accurate results in note division (i.e. 8th, 16th, etc).
I'm pretty sure the problem started before Platinum, but not sure exactly when, but when you set the beat (using "Set Measure/Beat at Now") within an audio file to any division smaller than a quarter note, the resulting value is incorrect.
For example, if I place the cursor on the 2nd 8th note beat in an audio clip and set it to 1:01:480, once the operation done, the cursor is at 1:01:460 (as is the time stamp). This is at 4/4 time sigs... it gets worse with others. The smaller the division, the larger the discrepancy from what the value should be.
This feature was accurate in older versions of Sonar.

Is it possible to use markers in collaboration with Snap to landmarks ?

I do use set measure beat, but often its for musical compositions that are synched to the grid/timeline, thus making it easy to select (Example- 21:01.00) data points.

7 hours ago, Galapas said:

This feature was accurate in older versions of Sonar.

Is it possible you haven't had a project this technical before ?

Edited by Chuck E Baby

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

Set Measure/Beat at Now uses decimal beat fractions. An 8th is .500.

EDIT: Has forever worked this way, incidentally.

I will try this.
I assumed it mirrored the setting in my "Now Time" display in which I have set to M:B:T (measure:beat:ticks), and my methods worked up until Platinum. That's when I noticed the difference.
I do admit, I didn't do near as much beat mapping then as I do now. I do a LOT of drum replacement stuff for clients now and have to map the audio drums into MIDI (yes I know about the "Drum Replacement", but it sometimes doesn't work well with fast passages or intricate stick work)
I tried your suggestion and it seemed to work, so I assume a "Measure" is divided into the number of "Beats" per "Measure" (4/4, 3/4, 7/8, etc) and "Beat" is divided as "000-999" instead of "Ticks per Beat", correct?
Or is something like "7/8" treated differently?

Thanks
B.P.

A beat is always a quarter note in Cakewalk. So in an 8th-note meter,the point half way between two 'beat' markers is .25. 

I am pretty confident this goes back to the inception of the function. Here's a thread from 2013 (three years before Platinum) in which I mentioned it:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2921804

"(note that fractional beats are entered as decimal values not ticks, so 02:480 is 02.500)."

26 minutes ago, David Baay said:

A beat is always a quarter note in Cakewalk. So in an 8th-note meter,the point half way between two 'beat' markers is .25. 

I am pretty confident this goes back to the inception of the function. Here's a thread from 2013 (three years before Platinum) in which I mentioned it:

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2921804

"(note that fractional beats are entered as decimal values not ticks, so 02:480 is 02.500)."

Thanks, this is what I needed to know. 🙂
B.P.