Plugin Alliance 3 Plugin Deal

cclarry

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Well I went ahead and did it got, Focusrite/Shadow Hills/Lion.  I figure it will hold me for a long while on Plugin Alliance deals.  Was it a waste of money?  Sure.  And now I know better deals for them will be coming up.

Matt we told run run run !!! , if you ask me it's too much , that said SH alone is what people paid for those 3 .... Lion is sure a beast but what a pain to look at ...that alone is a deal breaker for me ...

I'll admit half the reason I wanted Shadow Hills was because till now only UAD had a version.  That and those shinny black knobs.  I'm pretty fond of the Unfiltered Audio stuff, I bought all their stuff as singles even, I really couldn't sit Lion out.  The Focusrite console is the only wild card in the bunch, I didn't even demo it.  Have to see if I can find a use for it.

8 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I'll admit half the reason I wanted Shadow Hills was because till now only UAD had a version.  That and those shinny black knobs.  I'm pretty fond of the Unfiltered Audio stuff, I bought all their stuff as singles even, I really couldn't sit Lion out.  The Focusrite console is the only wild card in the bunch, I didn't even demo it.  Have to see if I can find a use for it.

The shadow Hills is really solid ..watch my video on it , if not already , the controls are simple once you get your head around , the focusrite is olid also ...you made a solid choice , just be sure to not buy anything now  !!! lol

Zo, would you choose Shadow Hills or IRON? They're both hi-end mastering compressors outside the Matrix after all. Anyway... I don't have $200 to get this deal 'cause I bought the TC Electronic Finalizer Mastering bundle for $99, a complete ITB mastering solution. What a single mastering compressor could do better than this (not counting all the older stuff with similar functionality that we all have).

2 hours ago, Sergio said:

Zo, would you choose Shadow Hills or IRON? They're both hi-end mastering compressors outside the Matrix after all. Anyway... I don't have $200 to get this deal 'cause I bought the TC Electronic Finalizer Mastering bundle for $99, a complete ITB mastering solution. What a single mastering compressor could do better than this (not counting all the older stuff with similar functionality that we all have).

For mastering , let's say you want transparency and quality compression : Vertigo VSC 3 / SSL X Comp and the newly release MU plugin witch is cheap 50 $ and Alpha comp , Magic death Eye   from DDMF 

Now if you want color and superb compression : Iron is my fave versus shadow hills (close  enougth but more color option imho) ... 

• Thanks 1