Plugin Alliance 3 Plugin Deal

cclarry

I'm actually temped to use this and my voucher to pick up the few things they released recently that I actually want.  Maybe I should stay away from the keyboard and go for a walk, I must be getting sick or something.

I'll admit I'm kind of confused by how to play Plugin Alliance now.  I have to assume they will keep doing flash sales.  But I don't think any flash sale is going to drop new $300 plugins to much under $67.  Older stuff maybe, but Shadow Hills/Lion/Focusrite?

• Like 3

Alright, I got my voucher for this month. $50.

I came here to read all the spoofing people would be doing on this deal.

But... Matt makes a good point..... 

10 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

assume they will keep doing flash sales.  But I don't think any flash sale is going to drop new $300 plugins to much under $67.  Older stuff maybe, but Shadow Hills/Lion/Focusrite?

So I am like, yeah let me check this out and see what's going on.

First plugin I see is a Flanger for $149!!! OMG! They got to be out of their freaking minds!!!

But I do want that Focusrite......

Maybe I'll have another look.....

LOL!!!

Yeah I looked.... it ain't worth it to me. 

$149 for a damn flanger?!!!

$67 for the Forcusrite would be worth that. But the other two that I would throw in to get the $249 deal would most likely not be used enough to justify the cost of $249.

I'd say this is a marginal deal at best, assuming you have at least a $50 voucher.  Even these new plugins will sooner or later go on a flash sale that with a voucher comes down to a normal price.  But that might take a long time and is kind of random.  Might be worth $200 to just steer the ship and get what's worth getting.  I'm pretty sure none of the plugins I'm looking at will I use all that much though.  Truthfully I should punt the lot and just move on.

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Truthfully I should punt the lot and just move on.

Matt, I wanted to get the Focusrite. I'll be honest. But I came to the same conclusion. I mean I went there with every intention of doing what you were suggesting. Getting all the high dollar plugins I wanted and then using my voucher, getting them for around $67. Then I saw that $149 Flanger (that I really want BTW), so I put it in the cart also. Applied all the discounts and it was still way too much. Way too much. And to add insult to injury... I saw up at the top of the web page, "For the price your paying in your cart you could have over a year of all the plugins" or something to that effect, and that's when I said, nope. Ain't doing this.

Like I told Larry, I would rather give $200 to Izotope for an upgrade to O9A than to get this stuff.

And did I mention I wanted that Focusrite?

And that damn $149 flanger!

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

I got a super duper deal on MetricAB layering one code on top of another laughing at the so-called "heavy hitters" seethe because their discount wasn't bigger than mine (wonder what they're trying to compensate for)... only to see MetricAB drop to half of what I paid only a few months later...

what? you thought there was a moral to this story?

😁

• Haha 5

When I finally caved in and bought Kontakt a few years ago, I thought I was getting a good deal by using some special voucher (something in the region of £20-£50 off; I can't remember). After all, their Summer of Sound deals were only ever 50% off upgrades. The very next day, for the only single year I can remember, they had a 50% off offer for first time buyers as well.