Yamaha SEQTRAK: all-in-one production system

satya

https://www.soundonsound.com/news/yamaha-seqtrak-all-one-production-system

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/music_production/music-production-studios/seqtrak

Yamaha SEQTRAK all-in-one productioninstrument drum machine synth sampler

The latest addition to Yamaha’s music production line-up combines drum programming with synthesis and sampling, and despite its compact form factor, also manages to squeeze in an onboard sequencer and a collection of effects. Housed in a lightweight, portable enclosure, SEQTRAK features an intuitive interface and a wealth of hands-on controls, offering an all-in-one production solution that can capture and develop ideas anywhere.

The SEQTRAK is available now, priced at $599.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm working on a portable setup with some of the Roland Compact AIRA units, the IK Multimedia UNO drum and the Korg NTS-1. But this looks pretty pretty interesting to add. Bit pricey though, not for the unit itself because it looks great, just for my budget on this particular project.

Good that yamaha start make grooveboxes again - after RS 7000 and rmx 1 its was nothink good , but i never understand why they cannot put displey on this unit - it remember me very op-z - which is not bad but quality build is bad and if you need all - you need external mobile, ipad etc.... 

• 2 weeks later...

I had one for some days, and I am returning it.

The sounds are great, and the workflow is easy once you know the button combinations, but the keys are a bit too wobbly for my liking. 

And there also were some occasions where I pressed them and they didn't connect/play a sound.

I wouldn't really feel comfortable taking this thing on the road.