Bogren Digital Release IRDX Core

satya

https://bogrendigital.com/products/irdx-core

Bogren Digital have released IRDX Core, a plugin that breathes new life in to your amp sim, available for €39.00.

Breathe life into your guitar amp sims and cabinet impulse responses. Simply add IRDX Core after your guitar amp or IR loader plugin and discover the natural movement, the 3D sensation, the slightly jagged edges, and the unpredictability you could previously only obtain by recording an actual guitar cabinet at high volumes with a microphone.

IRDX Core is available to PC and Mac users (VST3, AU and AAX).

• Like 1

On 1/17/2024 at 8:30 AM, projectm said:

This product is weird

Yes it is a little different, but not really at the same time. I find it's easy to dial in (like there's a lot of dials) a sound that when you take it away it doesn't sound as good. I find it does sound and feel better, and the more time you put in with it the more it becomes, not so 'weird' and normal even.

They have this IRDX Core in the new Aurora DSP Laney Ironheart plugin, you can have it on or off.

Their is a bit of negative stuff being said about the IRDX Core stuff, but also some good, and it might be getting a little traction, as with being incorporated with the above plugin. But as with everything best to give it as much time as you see fit and judge for yourself, that's the best and only way.

I have played around with it for a few days and I kind of like it, but it is weird. It definitely is a high frequency saturator, but there are some shifting in the frequencies that seem a bit random. I guess that is what they talk about by it introducing real life into a static IR. I think it will be worth something in my arsenal, but it should never cost much. I think half of what you pay for it is for the GUI TBH. But a useful tool none the less. I think.

I will test it on vocals and drums in a mix tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

On 1/19/2024 at 5:20 AM, Joakim said:

It’s basically a saturator with a high frequency eq boost according to some reviewers. It can still be useful obviously, but speakers are more ore less linear  so…

Isn't it a ballpark accurate description of things that happen to a speaker when it's overloaded? I assume this plugin is based on accurately measured nonlinearities of the actual cab. Pretty much like an IR resembles a mere comb filter, being somewhat more complicated than that. Or analog EQ emulations that normally go a few steps further compared to a simple digital EQ.