Melodyne Essential Question

RexRed

I have a question, a friend of mine a few years ago bought Cakewalk X3 Studio, I thought Melodyne Essential came with it but I am not sure.

I was on their computer remotely and logged into Cakewalk and only the X3 Studio serial and code are listed .

I contacted Melodyne and they said they do not store customers Sonar X3 Studio serial numbers.

Didn't a working version of Melodyne Essential come with Sonar X3 Studio and if so where do I locate the  serial number?

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

Edited by RexRed

Melodyne Essential was bundled with X3 Producer and Studio. It was also included in SONAR Professional and Platinum but only if the licenses was not already issued with X3.

There should be a separate line item in your old Cakewalk account for Melodyne Essential. It should contain a code in the serial number column. activation code for version 2 of Melodyne Essential. The upgrade to version 4 was free when v4 was released.

This is what I thought also but there is no line under the Sonar X3 Studio for a Melodyne serial.

Also they got a strange email a while back saying something about how Melodyne was issued twice to a number of customers. 

It was strange to only see the Sonar X3 Studio listed there and no Melodyne Essential  serial... (or any other serials other than Cakewalk) 

Any help on this would be appreciated.