Overloud TH-U Vintage Collection 2

cclarry

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

IT can be. How they are preparing RIGs for RIG player is kind of mystery. Maybe one day they publish it and RIG player would become virtual kemper where anyone can create its own chain :D

I'm not really motivated in buying basically presets ....

I would love simple rigs (amps cabinets) and to choose when i know what i need 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zo said:

I'm not really motivated in buying basically presets ....

I would love simple rigs (amps cabinets) and to choose when i know what i need 

When they published and opened this technology it would be possible to create your own 'presets' so copy your own amps, pedals, cabs env :)

Just like in kemper you also have lots of available presets to buy but also you can do your own (even for sale).

• Great Idea 1

54 minutes ago, Ashay Arekar said:

Do these expansions work on THU Metal or do they work only with the full THU version ? I was thinking of buying THU Metal since the full version is out of my budget..... And if these rigs work on THU Metal, then it'll make my decision easier.

If you have th3 full , upgrade isn t that expensive when on sale ..

• Great Idea 1

3 hours ago, filo said:

From Overloud site:

How to use it

You can load the **** library into the Rig Player component, available in any TH-U version:

TH-U Full

TH-U Rock

TH-U Metal

TH-U Funk and R&B

TH-U Slate Edition

Thanks, that makes it easier.....

2 hours ago, Zo said:

If you have th3 full , upgrade isn t that expensive when on sale ..

Yeah, I know..... But then I'll have to wait :P

Anyone buy these expansions and your thoughts on them?

I'm on the fence here and thinking of getting one of the smaller versions of TH-U just to get the Choptones expansions. At the same time, the full version of TH-U is about $60 more than the smaller versions and not sure if it's worth it.

Dilemma, dilemma, dilemma.... B|  

Edited by Mesh
  • Great Idea 1

Yeah I have most of what is available, to be honest I prefer Revalver's ACT Amp Clones, same type of thing, you just need R4 and the ACT Combo module and whatever amp pack (They haven't released one for a long time). Having said that I'm not a great fan of TH-U, just doesn't sound right, boxy or something, can be sorted somewhat with tweaking, but you know. Was a big fan back in the TH2 - early TH3 days, but as new/more amp sims came out, well I just don't use it much anymore, doesn't seem to stop me buying addons for it, although I might be cured, have no desire purchasing the new Vintage Collection 2. I rarely use TH2(3)(-U) or Revalver anymore, even if I do start messing around with them, they always get replaced. If I had my time over again, I would skip TH-U altogether.

As for the Choptones stuff, if you have BIAS Amp 1 or 2, most, if not all (plus a lot more) of what they are putting out for TH-U is available for BIAS Amp 1 and 2, and sounds and feels much much better IMO, and then of course also available in BIAS FX1 or 2 depending which versions of Amp and FX you have. If you keep an eye on what they put out for TH-U I'd be willing to bet it follows closely to what is already available for BIAS, could be wrong, but thus far it has.

https://www.choptones.com/positive-grid-bias-patches?limit=100

Of course that's just me and YMMV

Edited by ensonced
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, ensonced said:

Yeah I have most of what is available, to be honest I prefer Revalver's ACT Amp Clones, same type of thing, you just need R4 and the ACT Combo module and whatever amp pack (They haven't released one for a long time). Having said that I'm not a great fan of TH-U, just doesn't sound right, boxy or something, can be sorted somewhat with tweaking, but you know. Was a big fan back in the TH2 - early TH3 days, but as new/more amp sims came out, well I just don't use it much anymore, doesn't seem to stop me buying addons for it, although I might be cured, have no desire purchasing the new Vintage Collection 2. I rarely use TH2(3)(-U) or Revalver anymore, even if I do start messing around with them, they always get replaced. If I had my time over again, I would skip TH-U altogether.

As for the Choptones stuff, if you have BIAS Amp 1 or 2, most, if not all (plus a lot more) of what they are putting out for TH-U is available for BIAS Amp 1 and 2, and sounds and feels much much better IMO, and then of course also available in BIAS FX1 or 2 depending which versions of Amp and FX you have. If you keep an eye on what they put out for TH-U I'd be willing to bet it follows closely to what is already available for BIAS, could be wrong, but thus far it has.

https://www.choptones.com/positive-grid-bias-patches?limit=100

Of course that's just me and YMMV

All valid points Ensonced and just about exactly where I'm at. Having both Bias Amp 2 and Fx2, I think I'll skip this and possibly wait for a no brainer price to upgrade to TH-U. 

Appreciate all the details and you saved me some money. :)

And on a note somewhat related, I just received this from Positive Grid, so I'll likely be checking out the preset packs mentioned earlier!

"Today, I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback: this is why we're giving you BIAS FX 2 Elite, FREE for 30 days. With this, we hope to bring you a renewed experience of using our products and addressing some of the issues previously brought to our attention." 

• Like 1