Axiom 49 midi controller playing wrong notes (SOLVED)

Jesse Screed

It sounds like you Axiom controller has transposed or tuned.  If you record some midi data, and then highlight that clip and click on View > Event List, you can see what midi notes were captured by the record process.  Are those notes displaying properly, meaning if your notes played were C3-D3-E3-F3-G3-A-B3-C4, is that what is shown in the Event List?

There is also a tiny little + and - at the bottom of every midi track's channel strip (if you highlight the midi track and make sure the Track Inspector is visible, you should see the channel strip for that midi track).  Anyways, the little + and - buttons will transpose notes up or down by any value other than zero.  Make sure you haven't accidentally incremented or decremented the midi notes there.  If you DO see a positive or negative number there, click the + or - button to get it back to zero/blank.

Hope it is one of the above, 

Bob Bone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Jesse Screed changed the title to Axiom 49 midi controller playing wrong notes (SOLVED)

Hello Robert, I am thankful for you as a member of this forum.  You are always so helpful.   You were correct that the Axiom had been transposed.  Your solution was partially correct, and did lead me to the solution.

The Axiom has two buttons, (one labeled -, and one labeled +,) situated above the mod wheel.  The buttons function as Octave or Transose.  Somehow over time the keyboard had been transposed.  What I had to do to correct the issue is hold down the two buttons  simaltaneously.  That changes the Axiom  from OCT to TRANS, and sure enough it was set at +9, all I had to do was  set it back to zero. t hen I pushed the buttons simultaneously again to get it back to octave mode.

Thanks again for your reply.

I have edited the name of the topic in case someone else needs the same information.