A Gray Colored Sky

Douglas Kirby

vocals are pretty darn good and the drums sound very clean and punchy. I'd drop the volume of the rhythm guitars, particularly the lower-chorded one, at least half a db - it's dominating the mix at all times.

Great chops, great tones. Sounds like you are having fun. Big fan.

-Tom

• Like 1

This is indeed a cool song and I agree with Old Joad that it does have a bit of Kink's feel.  I really like a number of things about this song: lyrics, the tone of the rhythm guitars, the performance, arrangement, your vocals, and even the BGV's.  The guitar panned hard right might be a bit loud but it doesn't distract too much from the song (IMHO).  This song has a great rhythmic and melodic hook.  Great work!!!

• Like 1

amiller - Thank you very much for listening.

bjornpdx - Thanks for your comments - I appreciate it.

thegaltieribrothers - Hey guys - thanks for giving my song a listen and I'm glad you liked it.

Old Joad - Thanks for your comments.

emeraldsoul - I'm glad you liked the tune - I'll keep your suggestion in mind (the rhythm guitar on the right) in mind for the next mix.  Thanks for you ears.

freddy j - Thank you very much for giving my song a listen and for your kind comments - cheers.

Well done. I have to agree that guitar on the right needs to come down a notch, maybe two. Good tone all around on the guitars. Neck pickup on the main melody, same guitar bridge pup, in the solo and call/response in the second verse? Especially like that breakdown leading into the outro. Kinks? I guess I hear a little Ray Davies in here. Maybe another Brit vocalist, can’t quite put my finger on it...

I’m really beginning to like the new soundclick interface. 

Tom

David Sprouse - Thank you very much for your comments.  I've never been to Portland, but I've heard from others that it's a beautiful city.

Wookiee - Thanks for stopping by and giving my song a listen.

DeeringAmps - I'm glad you liked the song.  Yes, I like the new update on Soundclick as well.