Suggestion for Features & Ideas Forum

razor7music

Hello--

I have an idea that when a feature is posted here, someone from BL state that the idea has been decided on--just to give some closure to that thread.

Maybe some examples for a status of the post might be:

• Not Reviewed Yet
  • Being Considered/Under Review
  • Existing Solution/Deemed Unnecessary
  • Deemed Unnecessary/Impractical
  • Great Suggestion/Will Implement
  • Will Consider for Future Implementation

Here's an example of why I think this will help: A post is made for a feature enhancement. BL replies back with what they feel is a sufficient existing feature. Users post back that the existing feature isn't sufficient. Posts keep coming into the thread supporting the feature suggestion, and there may be no chance the feature will be implemented, but no one knows that.

Closure is nice--especially for those that suggest the feature! 😁

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, HIBI said:

My thoughts: It would be nice, if status below is added by BandLab.

• We hear you (Need more details)
  • On the backlog
  • Working on it
  • Completed
  • We have this feature

I figure BL will, or should come up with their own statuses. I just wanted to provide some helpful ideas to kick things off. Anything is better than the way it is now. You keep going back to your post and seeing +1's added, but have no idea what BL thinks...

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, pwalpwal said:

bandlab giving posts a status implies some kind of commitment from the company, so it won't happen, so they'll just keep cherry-picking the posts they like

(remind me in 1 year, let's see if it's changed)

Yeah, I try to be positive, but in reality, I don't think this particular forum 'Feedback Loop' has any real value--at least I haven't seen any.

Edited by razor7music

On 4/5/2019 at 8:01 AM, razor7music said:

Yeah, I try to be positive, but in reality, I don't think this particular forum 'Feedback Loop' has any real value--at least I haven't seen any.

I hear you.  I thought if we had the option to vote on ideas then maybe BL would take notice, but no one seems interested in that idea.  Given everyone has the opportunity to add to an idea and promote that idea in hopes that it would make it's way into Cakewalk.  It would be ideal to get some feedback from BL on most requested features/ideas. 

Kind regards,

tecknot

• Like 1