Feature request - remove partial takes

Eve Ripper

ecording

Loop recording on a track in Comp record mode will now automatically crop clips using the comping rules

So we have a new recording options. 

But let's think that you are recording alone. You press loop, you press record button. After that you are recording takes. When you're done you press stop button. After that you have that most recent take with a silence or guitar noises when you try to record guitar take. So you need to delete that take and make some aligment for previous takes. 

My requeseted feature is to delete unfinished takes and left only full completed takes in a take lane. It would save time and after that you'll record enough takes. It works in REAPER and it should be done in Cakewalk)

Edited by Eve Ripper
  • Great Idea 1

You mean an option to automatically delete all lanes that don't contain full-length takes?

It's probably not something I would use, because sometimes partial takes can contain segments that would be useful for comping. I'd hate to lose a take that was good until where I trainwrecked on the outro and stopped recording. I could punch in a new outro.

It's not a big chore to go down the lanes and click the  "x" to delete the ones I don't want.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

You mean an option to automatically delete all lanes that don't contain full-length takes?

It's probably not something I would use, because sometimes partial takes can contain segments that would be useful for comping. I'd hate to lose a take that was good until where I trainwrecked on the outro and stopped recording. I could punch in a new outro.

It's not a big chore to go down the lanes and click the  "x" to delete the ones I don't want.

Not to delete. Just left finished last take and don’t use partition take.  In loop recording and with self recording you will continue to work on. http://reapertv.co.uk/reaper-quick-tip-auto-delete-partial-takes/

Okay, I see.

So it would just automatically omit the last lane/clip if it were incomplete by a certain percentage of the track (or punch-in region). And if you later decided you wanted to recover the few seconds of brilliance, you could just drag out the right edge of your last clip and it would be there.

Sure, that seems like a convenient little feature, saving a bit of tidying up at the end of each solo tracking session.

As a solo recordist, count me in. 👍

• 4 weeks later...