Showstopper VSTi Issue in Cakewalk by Bandlab

noynekker

18 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

lower your ASIO Buffer Size, try 128 samples, then bypass the effects, (hit FX button), record your new track/part, then engage the effects again (hit FX button again), and adjust your ASIO Buffer Size back high for mixing

This is my strategy for when I've started the mix and then wanted to lay down new parts, which is just about always. That's because of how I like to work when doing my own songs. Usually by the time I get a keeper take on any given instrument, I don't have much "musician" left in me, but I often have plenty of "mixing engineer" so I'll start messing with getting a happening preliminary drum mix, setting up the sidechain between bass and kick, mixing the "khorus o'Krupas" backing vocals I just recorded, whatever.

For whatever reason, my first impulse to lighten the CPU load isn't to freeze, it's to hit the global FX button.

On 22 de abril de 2020 at 3:19 PM, MicheleS76 said:

Nope, sorry, that doesn't do what I need, because:

1) I am still forced to associate a "synth" to an instrument track when creating it, and that doesn't make sense when I don't know yet which VSTi I will use, especially when building a template

2) Replace Synth will enable me to only select a new VSTi while I would want the possibility to use a new channel in a VSTi already existing in the Synth Rack

Number 2 is especially frustrating when trying to remedy the damages of the bug above, because there's no way I can fix the routings of existing tracks to existing VSTis via the Replace Synth feature

It is not that hard. An "Instrument Track" is actually a pair of tracks , one on top of the other. You can separate them and put them back together as you please with the  right click menu. If I have an IT with midi data and I want to assign those data to a hardware midi output, I just split the track and route the midi to that port. The VSTi  remains in the Synth rack until you decide what to do with it. If you then want to try another VSTi, you can also insert it in the Synth rack with no associated tracks and just rerout your midi and audio ins and outs to it. If you need another channel, just add it. Routing audio and midi in CbB is not any more difficult than in other DAWs. The only potentially confusing thing is understanding that an Instrument Track is actually a pair, not a single track.

On 4/22/2020 at 4:25 AM, msmcleod said:

We've just fixed an issue for VSTi's getting re-assigned when hardware MIDI devices are changed during a session and you had multiple instances of the same VSTi within a project.

Theoretically this issue could also occur if you deleted a VSTi synth that you added before you added other synths, and you still had multiple instances of another VSTi  in your project.

I'm pretty sure this will cure the issues described in this thread.

Thank you for getting on this right away!

I had the same issues as others which I  have reported. I believe I did change at least one sound in KONTAKT but kept the instance. In another case I didn't change anything. When I froze and then unfroze the tracks they were swapped with other tracks. Multiple tracks unfroze when I only wanted to unfreeze one track. The track I intended to unfreeze had no data in it. I attributed this to me maybe bungling up the audio outputs in KONTAKT but this seems to be happening with different VSTi.

At least the issue is being reported and you guys are aware of it. Thanks again!

• Like 1