35% OFF 48h Riffer VST - MIDI Loops Generator

hexbeats

37 minutes ago, ProducerSpot said:

Audiomodern's Riffer MIDI Generation is available at a great price of $35,95

How is it authorized? I didn't see any info on the authorization method. I see I can use it on three different machines, which is great.

Edit: I found out, somewhat. Looks like they send a serial number and you register the product on the website. Now how it's actually authorised on each machine they don't say. I think that once it's registered into your account, you then fire up the program, it checks in and gets the ok with the login info to your account. Don't know for sure.

Edited by Grem

15 minutes ago, Grem said:

How is it authorized? I didn't see any info on the authorization method. I see I can use it on three different machines, which is great.

Edit: I found out, somewhat. Looks like they send a serial number and you register the product on the website. Now how it's actually authorised on each machine they don't say. I think that once it's registered into your account, you then fire up the program, it checks in and gets the ok with the login info to your account. Don't know for sure.

Up to three machines.  Cthulhu is about the same price and no authorization is needed.  I have both and still yet to use them.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Grem said:

Grem, you get a serial which can be used to activate the plugin on 3 different computers (if you need more just send me a message). All the installation and activation informations are included whithin the downloadable files. Riffer is something different from Cthulu (which is also a great plugin), you will love it.

Edited by ProducerSpot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

Went ahead and picked this up. Haven't played with it yet. But it does look like it has some features I would like. Watched some of the videos. Looks kinda easy too.

Post back Michael with your thoughts on this and also which of these generator(s) you use the most (I know you have a bunch ;) ).

I'm looking to get Captain Chords next (hopefully on some special deal).

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 1

Something is really wrong with that Producer Spot web site.  While sitting there looking at the Riffer page (which oddly enough I own but was curious about videos showing how to use it) I see this popup with what sure looks like a random generated password.  Sit there long enough and you'll see a bunch of them.  LOL.

7Y6HSs.jpg

Never saw the generated password thing. And I left the page up all night so that I would see it in the morning to remind me to look at this product. I was using Chrome.

@Mesh I will post back. And your right, I got a few of these. I want to sit and try out this new one,  Chuthu, Harvest, another one I forgot the name, and see how each works. 

• Like 1

@Mesh

Gave Riffer a run today for about an hour. It took a little while to get my head around it, but it is quite different from Cthulhu. 

After using Cthulhu for a while now, that thing is a beast. Make no mistake. It goes really deep. But you gotta work with it to figure this stuff out. I have never seen a manual on it, only videos. And the videos never use CbB! There is stuff on that thing I still have no clue what it is or what it does! I need to send the guy a email and ask I guess!! NTOT!!

I started Riffer and used Ultra Analog as the synth. Wasn't getting much out of it in the first few minutes. Like I siad, took me a few minutes to get my head around it. I was losing the desire to keep on, so I had a thought, let me try EZD2 with it. And was I surprised! You can get some really good grooves going with it. With a little playing around you can get different sections of the drums going just moving the screen.

Things started making sense to me and I was able to get more stuff that would be useable. I save quite a few clips just with the regular drum set. Then I started looking at the type of scales that you can use and an idea hit me. So I loaded up the Latin Precussion set in EZD2 and yep, it worked. With some playing around and more understanding of what was going on, I was seeing that this could be really useful.

But I wanted to use it with a synth sound, so I set it back up with Ultra Analog. And then I really got into what all the different settings do. On the right side there are Pitch, Duration and Volume. With the Pitch engaged, you can hit the dice (random button) and get note. With the Duration engaged, hit the dice and the durations gets chnged, but not the notes. Same with the volume engaged. And with these three settings you would be surprised at the variety that comes along!

The Shuffle, Shift sliders, the Tie Notes and Sustain Paused help to get more out of a groove. I would say that it's worth the asking price. Glad I got this. It will be used. 

Shout out to Catanya. Simple but very effective plugin. Don't count it out. It may not be the beast like these two are, but it can do a great job. 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here is a little example I did of using the Riffer plugin. the notes remain the same, the volume on them remains the same, only the duration was changed for 4 times. Then each clip was dragged into CbB and madeup one measure each. So you have 4 clips with all the same notes and volume, only duration has changed. I then arranged the next 4 bars (clip I posted is 8 bars long) from the first four in random order. I am pleased with the results. Took me less than 5 minutes to do this btw.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lJeYcIHiVeKfzCh0T3NtnOG8WdTUALu3

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1

Thanks so much Michael for all the details. I just might get this from APD using some of my rewards money, but will demo it first. I also have Obelisk which I really haven't got into yet.....will have to use it more to figure it out.

Thanks again!!

5 minutes ago, John Maar said:

Unfortunately, I also have Obelisk. Anyone want mine? I've tried using it several times, and have just given up. Not aligned with the way my brain works.

Plus, I hate the way it starts up. In-freaking-furiating.

Never tried it. But your not helping!! : )