Birthday wishes to myself!

InstrEd

10 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I celebrate my birthday for an entire month. Why not? I OWN the month!!

Now you come up with this great idea but September is gone :(
Well in 5 days it is my wife's B-day so I guess we shall celebrate her 😎

6 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Hey, I celebrated my birthday on Sunday, too!

Burgers, brats and a jam session in the garage. My birthday gift was tickets to Trans-Siberian Orchestra next month. My gift to myself was a ticket to Todd Rundgren. And I know it's extravagant, but I also sprang for an EP from an obscure Australian band that I bought off Bandcamp for $3.37.

Well Happy Birthday Dave!  Guess what I still have after all these years?  😁

bday4bitflipper.jpg

Have fun at the TSO gig; my favorite Christmas-time band.  Hope you get their best incarnation!  (I know they have a few lineups so they can play at multiple places.)

Good to hear the Todd Rundgren is still going, for some reason I thought he had quit a long time ago.

Finally, thanks to you, I also now have Halcyon and have been enjoying Plini's solo works too! 🙂

Craig...a hippo, a parrot, deer, sheep...is this one of those "which one of these doesn't belong" puzzles?

Re Todd Rundgren: I was not a big fan during his heyday, and only became interested in his career after reading his biography. That's when I realized how much of a premier musician/engineer/producer he is/was. How he could take a mediocre bar band like Grand Funk Railroad and turn them into superstars. He wasn't just their producer. They'd come in and record rhythm tracks and lead vocal and then go home. When they returned in the morning, overnight the song had become fully fleshed out with backing vocals, keyboards and lead guitar - all done by Todd while they slept.

Nowadays, he's more or less retired, but still enjoys jams and collabs with friends. The show's being billed as "An Unpredictable Evening with Todd Rundgren", which I take to mean there may be unbilled guest artists. At a hundred bucks a pop, I figured it would be a lightly-attended affair of interest only to geezer music nerds such as myself. But he's sold out two shows, so I guess I'm not the only one who's curious to see what The Runt's been up to.

19 hours ago, bitflipper said:

Craig...a hippo, a parrot, deer, sheep...is this one of those "which one of these doesn't belong" puzzles?

Re Todd Rundgren: I was not a big fan during his heyday, and only became interested in his career after reading his biography. That's when I realized how much of a premier musician/engineer/producer he is/was. How he could take a mediocre bar band like Grand Funk Railroad and turn them into superstars. He wasn't just their producer. They'd come in and record rhythm tracks and lead vocal and then go home. When they returned in the morning, overnight the song had become fully fleshed out with backing vocals, keyboards and lead guitar - all done by Todd while they slept.

Nowadays, he's more or less retired, but still enjoys jams and collabs with friends. The show's being billed as "An Unpredictable Evening with Todd Rundgren", which I take to mean there may be unbilled guest artists. At a hundred bucks a pop, I figured it would be a lightly-attended affair of interest only to geezer music nerds such as myself. But he's sold out two shows, so I guess I'm not the only one who's curious to see what The Runt's been up to.

Hippo birdie 2 ewes, etc.
I saw a great Rundgren concert on AXS TV a month or so ago. It was recorded recently, so it may be a good preview of his tour. It's probably available on demand.

who's Ed ?

Isn't the lyrics to  Ridgefield Playhouse 

Well, I came down there with my hat caved in
Oh I'll go back home with my pocket full of tin oh doo-dah day
Goin' to run all night, goin' to run all day
I'll bet my money on the bobtail nag, somebody bet on the bay.

Well, the Ridgefield ladies sing this song doodah doodah
Ah the Playhouse  race track's five miles long oh doo-dah day
Goin' to run all night, goin' to run all day
I'll bet my money on the bobtail nag, somebody bet on the bay.