"Courage for the Journey" - now with video

PhonoBrainer

Tom - you know what I think of this - I already commented on SoundCloud. I didn't think I could like it any more but now you've gone and given away the inspiration.

On 9/29/2019 at 1:38 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Because they grow up and leave.

I've seen mine leave to make their way in the World - and it hurts like hell to let them go.

But they do come back to stay once in a while: older, wiser and richer - in a thousand ways - it's all part of the journey we're on I guess...

Andy

• Like 1

I like it, piano playing is very nice, good job.

I was expecting to hear some composition coming in after the first 4, violins or strings, oboe etc just to raise it up a bit.

The underpinning chord and melody structure of the piano is great though.

Thanks!

@Old Joad - it's because I'm always in music school! thanks for the listen.

@thegaltieribrothers- thanks Paul, glad you liked it.

@jerrydf- thanks Jerry, I agree it is Autumn like, as is my life . . . these days . . .

@bjornpdx - thanks Bjorn, it was a one take deal with some very minor velocity editing for the most part. thanks for the comment!

@DeeringAmps- that killer Bb is courtesy of Noire. There are some boomin' subtones on some of those Noire patches. Just great. But the upper register I blended mostly the Pearl piano for it's brightness. So the whole range is kind of a hybrid, which creates some interesting phaseyness when Noire and Pearl blend in the middle. It was fun to experiment with eq all along the way. Thanks for the comment!

@FJ Lamela- many thanks for the listen!

@Tezza - my thought exactly, to add other elements in after the first announcement of the theme. I just have too many other projects bubbling away to devote to that idea. I really could hear a cello or something else wandering in, but I had to stop myself from adding another thing to my to-do list! Good comment, many thanks.

@Andrew Ball- sounds like you have been there. very many thanks for your personal comment. I guess that's part of the "journey", isn't it! But I don't yet see how philosophically I will adjust . . . yet we must. All good!

@Douglas Kirby- yes it has that mood, doesn't it? Ready or not . . . many thanks!

@amiller- many thanks for the listen!

@daryl1968 - thanks again mate. The piano is Noire on the bottom, Pearl up top, and a blend in the middle. It kind of ended up a bit dreamy which worked. Glad you liked it. Hope all is well with your various life and musical projects . . . take care.

@mark skinner- thanks and yes those sustains can say a lot in a piece like this. Thanks for the comment! Appreciate it.

Absolutely beautiful Tom.  It is nice to hear some instrumentals and it is even better when an instrumental can convey emotions even better than lyrics.  I believe that instrumentals allow the listener to interpret the song from their own imagination.  Wonderful song and wonderful performance!!

Tom

thanks for sharing how you got that beautiful piano. I have several vsti that are pretty good, if I ever develop the chops for a solo piece, I’ll have a start for getting it “right”. I always start with TTS, and since it’s a rock mix, end up leaving it. 

Tom

• 2 weeks later...